Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Joinville organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Joinville, Santa Catarina businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online support for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for deploying routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business processes might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting Internet service providers, picking appropriate service packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the corporate PBX system to accommodate teleworkers is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software used across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand deployment and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build protected portals that enables remote workers to view and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to planning and configuration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftï¿½s collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them securely through a web browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote assistance for enabling businesses to create, maintain and optimize integrated network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure access to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you past challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network model so your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist you to use GCP's management tools to control and monitor your GCP environment. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
An emergency, company-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or update their active trouble tickets, enter details, and append screenshots or attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex issues. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows you to augment your existing Support Desk staff by sharing delivery of Call Center support transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a collaborative support model based on the leading PSA tool for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver world-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, see Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
At-home staff members commonly utilize their own computers and often operate in an unsecured physical space. This situation increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, anti-malware tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, intensive end-user training, and the development of security policies built on best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of data security solutions consultants can help you to plan, deploy and maintain a compliant security solution that protects vital IT resources in environments that include remote workers.
Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users and by telecommuters, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and control appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent supports both new and legacy security devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support expertise, refer to firewall integration and support services.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices utilized by remote workers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify new threats at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
Progent's Duo authentication services utilize Cisco's Duo technology to defend against password theft by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables one-tap identity verification on Apple iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using Duo 2FA, when you log into a secured online account and enter your password you are requested to confirm your identity on a unit that only you have and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide selection of devices can be utilized as this added means of ID validation such as a smartphone or watch, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You can designate several validation devices. For details about Duo two-factor identity validation services, refer to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by network security professionals with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your network architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home Network
To read or download a white paper describing key things to concentrate on for protecting a network that incorporates telecommuters, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from hardware issues, programming glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online help from consultants familiar with a broad range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly anticipate circumstances that call for a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for protecting critical information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, refer to Intune teleworker device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Joinville, Santa Catarina business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.