Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Kansas City company to select the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Kansas City, Missouri companies to with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Kansas City, Missouri organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.