Exchange 2000 Server
MS Exchange Server 2K is the first email platform developed by Microsoft to use Active Directory instead of a non-standard directory system. This architectural improvement made MS Exchange 2000 Server significantly easier to administer and MS Exchange 2000 Server is still the foundation of the messaging system of numerous small businesses.
Extensive background with Microsoft's Exchange platforms makes Progent among the most qualified IT consulting resources in the U.S. for maintaining email solutions based on Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent is expert at helping small businesses who still run Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 and Progent can help you understand the costs and benefits of upgrading your Microsoft Exchange Server 2K system to a more recent version of Exchange. (Refer to Progent's Microsoft Exchange 2016 migration support services and Microsoft Exchange 2013 consulting.)
Advantages of Microsoft Exchange Server 2K Compared to Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5
MS Exchange 2000 Server offers important improvements in functionality compared to Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Server in vital areas such as accessibility, ease of administration, security, robustness, capacity, and performance.
- The 2000 version of Microsoft Exchange Server brought a dramatic improvement in functionality over the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 web client. Microsoft Exchange Server 2K offers a good implementation of the traditional Outlook interface, including calendaring and tools. As a result, mobile users can enjoy unrestricted, protected availability of email even without a notebook. The only thing mobile clients need is a web accessible PC with a standard web browser.
- Unlike MS Exchange 5.5, which uses its built-in directory, MS Exchange Server 2000 utilizes Microsoft Active Directory, providing a much simplified management and security architecture. This makes Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server simpler to administer and support and in addition offers tighter security.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K has a robust foundation for transparently integrating third-party applications such as virus detection packages and anti-spamming utilities. MS Exchange Server 2000's strong API eliminates the risks existing with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party add-ins.
- MS Exchange 2000 Server provides significantly improved capacity and performance compared to Exchange 5.5. This means you can have more and larger mailboxes and enjoy quicker remote connectivity.
Ways That Progent Can Help You to Support Microsoft Exchange Server 2000
Progent's MS Exchange Server 2K technical support and consulting skills include help with the choice and integration of third-party add-ons that are best aligned to your company strategy. Progent's consultants can also help you to migrate to MS Exchange 2016 Server or move to MS Exchange Server 2013 from Exchange 2000 Server at the least possible cost or disruption of business.
Benefits of Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Over an ISP-based or POP3 Email Environment
If your company currently has clients supported by a messaging system hosted by an Internet Service Provider or if you are managing some Outlook users in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 offers an array of enhanced features in the areas of manageability, responsiveness, capacity, robustness, and groupware:
- In contrast to the store-and-forward model followed by POP3 email systems, MS Exchange Server 2K uses a central-store architecture that liberates users from dependence on a specific desktop or notebook computer, reduces vulnerability to hardware failure or virus attacks, and allows on-line and off-line email, automatic backup, and sophisticated sharing and collaboration.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K offers strong collaboration capabilities that enable teams to improve efficiency by sharing calendaring, addresses, email and data.
- The flexibility of MS Exchange Server 2000 makes it easy to add third-party security enhancements or support wireless handhelds such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 permits full live backup without disturbing users, enabling non-stop operation by eliminating periodic shutdowns and maintenance blackouts.
How Progent Can Help You to Integrate POP3 E-Mail Users with Exchange 2000
Progent's expertise and efficient best practices can assist you in performing a quick, transparent migration of POP3 clients to your MS Exchange 2000 Server. Progent attends to critical issues such as coordinating domain names so that both local and off-site users make a non-disruptive switch from POP3 messaging.
How Progent Can Assist You Migrate from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2016 or Exchange 2013
Progent has an extensive background assisting small and midsize businesses to migrate from MS Exchange 2000 Server to current editions of Exchange. Progent can also help you to move to MS Exchange 2016 Server or upgrade to MS Exchange 2013 Server from MS Exchange Server 2000 at minimal expense or disruption of business. Progent's CISM-certified network security specialists can make sure your security technology and policies are sound and Progent's Cisco-certified network engineers can verify that your connectivity architecture is fast, dependable, and easy to manage.
Find out more details about how Progent can deliver Exchange Server 2016 consulting services and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 help.
Hosting Services for Exchange
If you are thinking about updating your MS Exchange 2000 Server installation to an email environment based on Exchange 2016 Server or Microsoft Exchange 2013, this is the perfect opportunity to look at Progent's Hosting Support Services for Exchange. Progent can operate your Exchange system in a world-class facility that features backed-up power and cooling systems, 24x7 site security and IT support center, and fault-tolerant access to Internet backbone service providers. Hosted Exchange servers are set up as virtual machines for high uptime, easy expandability, and fast recovery.
Progent's services include complete incorporation with your business network, access to mobile computing products, automated monitoring of performance and network security, spam and virus protection, security update and service pack control, Help Desk support, per-day backup, and comprehensive messaging management services. Through the use of Progent's Hosting and Management Services for Exchange, small and midsize companies can save substantially on the expense of servers, network appliances, and cooling systems, reduce the hassle and risk of in-house network management, and have the advantage of enterprise-class levels of dependability, protection, and efficiency.
Find out additional information about how Progent can provide Hosting Support Services for Microsoft Exchange.
For clients who use Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server hosting services, Progent can also assist with setting up an on-site Exchange Server solution when a business is ready to develop an in-house data center.
Find out more about Progent's IT Outsourcing services.
To contact Progent about engineering support for Exchange Server or to ask about Progent's Exchange hosting services, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.