Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
Microsoft Exchange Server 2K was the initial email solution from Microsoft to use Active Directory instead of an internal directory structure. This architectural enhancement made MS Exchange 2000 Server dramatically simpler to support and Microsoft Exchange Server 2K continues to be the foundation of the messaging environment used by many small businesses.
Years of experience with Microsoft's email technology makes Progent among the most qualified computer consulting organizations in the United States for maintaining email environments powered by MS Exchange Server 2000. Progent is experienced at helping small companies who continue to run Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can help your organization understand the costs and benefits of migrating your MS Exchange Server 2K environment to an up-to-date release of Exchange. (See Progent's Microsoft Exchange 2016 upgrade support and Microsoft Exchange 2013 expertise.)
Advantages of MS Exchange Server 2000 Vs. MS Exchange Server 5.5
MS Exchange Server 2K features important enhancements in functionality compared to Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Server in key areas including connectivity, manageability, security, stability, scalability, and speed.
- The 2K release of Microsoft Exchange Server represented a dramatic improvement in functionality in comparison to the MS Exchange 5.5 web interface. MS Exchange 2000 Server offers a good rendition of the traditional Outlook interface, including calendaring and tools. As a result, authorized mobile workers can enjoy unrestricted, secure availability of email even without a notebook. The only thing they require is a web accessible PC that has a conventional web browser.
- Unlike MS Exchange 5.5, which uses its own directory, MS Exchange Server 2K utilizes Microsoft Active Directory, providing a greatly simplified administration and security model. This makes Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 simpler to administer and support and in addition offers tighter protection.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server has a robust foundation for transparently adding third-party software such as virus detection programs and anti-spamming tools. Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server's tested Application Programming Interface avoids the risks existing with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party utilities.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 provides significantly improved capacity and performance over Exchange 5.5. This means you can deploy more and larger mailboxes and gain faster off-site access.
How Progent Can Assist Your Business with Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
Progent's MS Exchange Server 2K technical support and consulting services include assistance with the selection and configuration of third-party add-ons that are best aligned to your business strategy. Progent's consultants can also assist you to migrate to MS Exchange Server 2016 or upgrade to Exchange 2013 Server from Exchange Server 2000 at the least possible cost or disruption of business operations.
Advantages of MS Exchange Server 2K Over an ISP-based or POP3 Email System
If your company still has clients supported by an email system hosted by an ISP or if you are running your Outlook users in POP3 mode, your MS Exchange Server 2000 provides a wealth of enhanced capabilities in the areas of ease of administration, responsiveness, traffic volume, robustness, and groupware:
- Unlike the store-and-forward model used by POP3 email systems, MS Exchange Server 2K implements a central-store model that frees users from reliance on a single desktop or notebook PC, reduces vulnerability to component breakdowns or malicious software, and allows both on-line and off-line email, automatic backup, and advanced sharing and collaboration.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 has strong collaboration features that enable work groups to increase efficiency by sharing datebooks, addresses, messages and data.
- The versatility of Microsoft Exchange Server 2K makes it easy to integrate third-party security enhancements or accommodate wireless handhelds such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- MS Exchange 2000 Server permits full on-line backup without affecting users, making possible non-stop operation by avoiding periodic downtime and maintenance interruptions.
How Progent Can Help Your Company to Incorporate POP3 Users with Exchange 2000
Progent's experience and field-proven methodologies can assist you in implementing a fast, seamless migration of POP3 e-mail users to your Microsoft Exchange 2K Server. Progent attends to critical details such as managing domain names in order that both local and off-site clients make a non-disruptive switch from POP3 e-mail.
How Progent Can Help You Move from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2016 or Exchange Server 2013
Progent has an extensive background helping small and midsize companies to migrate from Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server to more recent editions of Exchange. Progent can also help you to upgrade to Exchange 2016 Server or upgrade to Exchange Server 2013 from Exchange 2000 at minimal cost or interruption of business operations. Progent's CISM-certified security consultants can ensure your security technology and policies are effective and Progent's Cisco-certified network engineers can make sure that your network infrastructure is fast, reliable, and simple to manage.
Find out more about how Progent can deliver Exchange Server 2016 consulting services and Exchange Server 2013 help.
Hosting and Management Services for Microsoft Exchange
If your company is considering upgrading your Exchange 2000 system to an email solution powered by Microsoft Exchange 2016 Server or Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server, now is the perfect time to consider Progent's Hosting and Management Services for Exchange. Progent can operate your Exchange environment in an enterprise-class data center with redundant electrical and environmental control systems, 24x7 site security and IT support center, plus failover connections to Internet backbone service companies. Hosted Microsoft Exchange servers are configured as virtualized servers for high uptime, easy scalability, and rapid restoration.
Progent's services feature complete incorporation with your network, access to handheld computing products, continual tracking of efficiency and network security, spam and virus protection, patch and revision control, Help Desk Call Center services, daily backup, and full messaging administration services. By using Progent's Hosting and Management Services for Microsoft Exchange, small and midsize businesses can save dramatically on the expense of computers, infrastructure, and cooling systems, minimize the distraction and uncertainty of internal IT management, and have the advantage of enterprise-class levels of fault-tolerance, protection, and performance.
Find out more information about ways Progent can deliver Hosting Support Services for Microsoft Exchange.
For clients who use Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server hosting services, Progent can also assist with setting up an on-site Exchange Server solution when a business is ready to develop an in-house data center.
Find out more about Progent's IT Outsourcing services.
To contact Progent about professional support for Microsoft Exchange Server or to learn more about Progent's Exchange hosting services, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.