Exchange 2000 Server
Microsoft Exchange Server 2K was the initial messaging platform developed by Microsoft to utilize AD directory services instead of an internal directory structure. This architectural enhancement made Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server dramatically simpler to administer and MS Exchange Server 2000 continues to be the heart of the messaging environment used by numerous small businesses.
Extensive background with Microsoft's email platforms makes Progent among the most knowledgeable IT consulting firms in the United States for supporting messaging solutions powered by MS Exchange 2000 Server. Progent is experienced at helping small businesses who still run MS Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can help your organization assess the costs and benefits of upgrading your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server system to an up-to-date version of Exchange. (Refer to Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 migration planning and support and Exchange Server 2013 expertise.)
Advantages of MS Exchange 2000 Server Compared to Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Server
Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server offers major improvements in functionality compared to MS Exchange 5.5 Server in vital areas such as connectivity, manageability, protection, stability, scalability, and speed.
- The 2000 release of MS Exchange Server brought a dramatic increase in features over the MS Exchange 5.5 web interface. MS Exchange Server 2000 delivers a good rendition of the familiar Outlook interface, including scheduling and utilities. Because of this, authorized mobile workers can have full, protected access to email even in the absence of a notebook. All they require is a web accessible PC with a standard web browser.
- In contrast to Exchange 5.5, which has its own directory, MS Exchange 2000 Server uses MS Active Directory, offering a much simplified administration and security model. This makes MS Exchange Server 2K simpler to manage and support and also offers tighter security.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 incorporates a robust architecture for seamlessly adding third-party applications such as virus scanning packages and anti-spamming tools. MS Exchange Server 2K's strong Application Programming Interface eliminates the risks existing with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party add-ins.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 provides dramatically improved capacity and performance compared to Exchange 5.5. Therefore you can have more and bigger mailboxes and enjoy faster off-site access.
How Progent Can Assist Your Business with MS Exchange Server 2K
Progent's MS Exchange Server 2000 help, troubleshooting and consulting services include help with the selection and integration of third-party enhancements that are appropriately matched to your company strategy. Progent's consultants can in addition provide MS Exchange 2007 upgrade support or Exchange 2010 upgrade support so you can avoid dealing with the problems associated with operating a messaging platform unsupported by Microsoft.
Advantages of Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Compared to an ISP-based or POP3 Email System
If your company still has clients supported by a messaging solution hosted by an ISP or if you are running some Outlook clients in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server provides a wealth of improved capabilities in the categories of manageability, performance, capacity, robustness, and groupware:
- In contrast to the store-and-forward model used by POP3 messaging, MS Exchange 2000 Server uses a central-store architecture that liberates clients from dependence on a single desktop or notebook computer, lowers exposure to component failure or malicious software, and permits on-line and off-line email, automatic backup, and advanced sharing and collaboration.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server offers strong collaboration capabilities that allow work groups to increase efficiency by sharing datebooks, addresses, messages and data.
- The flexibility of MS Exchange Server 2000 makes it possible to add third-party security enhancements or support wireless smartphones such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 allows full live backup without affecting clients, enabling non-stop operation by eliminating periodic downtime and administrative interruptions.
How Progent Can Assist Your Company to Incorporate POP3 E-Mail Clients with Microsoft Exchange 2000
Progent's experience and efficient methodologies can help you in performing a quick, seamless move of POP3 clients to your MS Exchange 2000 Server. Progent attends to vital issues such as coordinating domain names so that both local and off-site clients make a smooth transition from POP3 messaging.
How Progent Can Help You Migrate from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2016 or Exchange Server 2013
Progent has an extensive background helping small and midsize companies to upgrade from MS Exchange 2000 to current editions of Microsoft Exchange. Progent can also assist your company to upgrade to Exchange Server 2016 or upgrade to MS Exchange 2013 Server from MS Exchange Server 2000 at minimal cost or interruption of business operations. Progent's CISM-qualified network security consultants can ensure your security technology and practices are sound and Progent's Cisco-certified network experts can make sure that your network infrastructure is efficient, dependable, and easy to support.
Find out more details concerning how Progent can deliver Exchange 2016 Server migration support and MS Exchange 2013 Server upgrade consulting.
Hosting Support Services for Exchange
If you are considering updating your Exchange 2000 Server system to an email environment powered by Microsoft Exchange 2016 Server or Exchange 2013, this is the perfect time to consider Progent's Hosting and Management Services for Microsoft Exchange. Progent can operate your Exchange environment in a world-class facility with backed-up electrical and cooling systems, 24x7 staffed security and operations center, and fault-tolerant access to tier-1 Internet service providers. Hosted Microsoft Exchange servers are set up as virtual servers for high availability, smooth scalability, and fast restoration.
Services include complete incorporation with your business network, connectivity with mobile communication devices, automated tracking of efficiency and security, spam protection, security update and revision management, Help Desk services, daily backup, and comprehensive email management services. With Progent's Hosting Services for Exchange, small companies can save substantially on the expense of computers, infrastructure, and environmental control, reduce the distraction and risk of internal network management, and benefit from enterprise-class levels of fault-tolerance, security, and efficiency.
Find out more information about ways Progent can provide Hosting Support Services for Exchange.
In order to get in touch with Progent about professional expertise for MS Exchange Server or to ask about Progent's Microsoft Exchange hosting services, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Progent's Support Services for Microsoft Server Products
For small businesses across the United States, Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants can provide computer help and professional consulting services for the whole array of Microsoft .NET servers, Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 Server, Windows Server 2008, and Microsoft Windows Server 2003. Progent's migration, integration, update, and support services include system architecture, configuration, and administration help for
project management and documentation, local and remote
IT help and network diagnosis,
Help Desk Support, comprehensive
security expertise, IT
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
In case your company needs fast online support from a Microsoft certified consultant, go to Progent's Urgent Remote Computer Help.
Find out more information about Progent's Support Services for Microsoft .NET Server Technology.