Exchange 2000 Server
MS Exchange Server 2K was the initial messaging platform from Microsoft to utilize Active Directory instead of its own directory system. This design improvement made Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 dramatically easier to administer and MS Exchange 2000 Server continues to be the basis of the messaging system of numerous small businesses.
Years of background with Microsoft's Exchange platforms makes Progent one of the most knowledgeable computer consulting firms in the United States for maintaining email environments based on MS Exchange 2000 Server. Progent is experienced at assisting small companies who continue to operate MS Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can help you understand the costs and benefits of upgrading your MS Exchange 2000 Server environment to an up-to-date release of Exchange. (See Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 migration support services and Microsoft Exchange 2013 expertise.)
Benefits of MS Exchange Server 2K Compared to MS Exchange 5.5 Server
Microsoft Exchange Server 2K offers important improvements in functionality compared to Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Server in vital areas such as accessibility, ease of administration, security, stability, scalability, and speed.
- The 2000 release of Microsoft Exchange Server brought a significant increase in functionality in comparison to the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 web interface. MS Exchange 2000 Server delivers a good rendition of the familiar Outlook GUI, including calendaring and tools. Consequently, authorized mobile workers can have unrestricted, protected availability of email even in the absence of their mobile computer. All they require is a web accessible computer that has a conventional web browser.
- Unlike Microsoft Exchange 5.5, which has its built-in directory, MS Exchange Server 2K utilizes MS Active Directory, offering a greatly simplified administration and security architecture. This makes Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 easier to manage and support and also provides better protection.
- MS Exchange 2000 Server incorporates a robust architecture for seamlessly adding third-party software such as virus detection packages and anti-spamming tools. Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server's strong API avoids the risks associated with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party add-ins.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K provides dramatically increased capacity and responsiveness over Exchange 5.5. This means you can have more and larger mailboxes and enjoy faster remote access.
Ways That Progent Can Help Your Business with MS Exchange 2000 Server
Progent's MS Exchange 2000 Server help, troubleshooting and consulting capabilities include help with the choice and configuration of third-party enhancements that are appropriately aligned to your business goals. Progent's consultants can also provide Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 upgrade support or Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 upgrade help so you can stop worrying about the issues associated with operating a messaging platform considered at end of life by Microsoft.
Benefits of Microsoft Exchange Server 2K Vs. an ISP-based or POP3 Email Environment
If your organization currently has clients relying on a messaging solution hosted by an Internet Service Provider or if you are managing some Outlook users in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange Server 2K offers a wealth of improved capabilities in the areas of ease of administration, responsiveness, capacity, availability, and groupware:
- In contrast to the store-and-forward technique used by POP3 email systems, Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 uses a central-store model that frees users from reliance on a single desktop or notebook computer, reduces vulnerability to hardware breakdowns or security breaches, and allows on-line and off-line email, automatic backup, and sophisticated sharing and team tasks.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K has powerful collaboration features that enable work groups to increase productivity by sharing calendaring, addresses, messages and data.
- The versatility of Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 makes it easy to add third-party security enhancements or accommodate wireless handhelds such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K allows complete on-line backup without disturbing users, making possible 24x7 operation by avoiding periodic shutdowns and maintenance blackouts.
How Progent Can Assist You to Incorporate POP3 Clients with Microsoft Exchange 2000
Progent's expertise and efficient best practices can help you in implementing a quick, transparent migration of POP3 clients to your MS Exchange 2K Server. Progent handles vital issues such as managing domain names in order that both local and off-site users make a smooth switch from POP3 messaging.
How Progent Can Assist You Move from Exchange 2K to Exchange 2016 or Exchange 2013
Progent has an extensive background assisting small and midsize companies to upgrade from Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server to current releases of Microsoft Exchange. Progent's consultants can also assist your company to move to Exchange 2016 Server or move to Exchange Server 2013 from MS Exchange Server 2000 at the least possible expense or interruption of business operations. Progent's CISM-qualified security specialists can make sure your security technology and practices are sound and Progent's Cisco-authorized network experts can make sure that your network architecture is fast, dependable, and simple to support.
Find out more about how Progent can deliver MS Exchange 2016 migration services and MS Exchange 2013 upgrade consulting.
Hosting and Management Services for Exchange
If you are considering updating your Exchange 2000 Server installation to a messaging environment based on Exchange 2016 Server or Exchange 2013, now is the perfect time to consider Progent's Hosting Support Services for Microsoft Exchange. Progent can run your Exchange environment in a world-class data center with redundant power and cooling systems, round-the-clock site security and IT support center, and fault-tolerant connections to tier-1 Internet service providers. Hosted Exchange servers are configured as virtual machines for fault tolerance, smooth expandability, and fast restoration.
Services feature integration with your business network, access to handheld communication products, automated monitoring of efficiency and network security, spam and virus filtering, security update and service pack control, Helpdesk services, per-day data backup, and comprehensive messaging management services. By using Progent's Hosting and Management Services for Microsoft Exchange, small businesses can economize dramatically on the cost of computers, network appliances, and environmental control, minimize the distraction and uncertainty of in-house network management, and benefit from world-class levels of dependability, security, and efficiency.
Find out more information about ways Progent can deliver Hosting and Management Services for Microsoft Exchange.
In order to contact Progent about technical support for MS Exchange Server integration or to learn more about Progent's Exchange hosting services, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft .NET Server Technology
For small and mid-sized businesses anywhere in the U.S., Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants offer computer assistance and professional consulting support for the whole family of Microsoft .NET servers, Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 Server, Windows 2008 R2 Server, and Microsoft Windows 2003 Server. Progent's planning, installation, optimization, and support services cover system architecture, deployment, and administration outsourcing for
project management and documentation, on-site and off-site
IT help and network troubleshooting,
Help Desk Call Center Support, comprehensive
security consulting, full-service
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
In case your organization requires immediate remote support from a certified consultant, refer to Progent's Emergency Remote Computer Help.
Find out additional details concerning Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft Server Products.