Introduction to Windows 2000 Server
Microsoft's Windows Server 2000 builds on the strengths of Microsoft Windows NT technology, combining standards-based directory, application, communications, file, and printing services with proven stability, efficient management, and compatibility with the cost-effective network appliances to offer a stable foundation for interfacing your corporate information system with the Internet.
Advantages of Windows 2K Server Not on Windows NT
Windows 2000 Server offers a wide array of proven features not available on Microsoft's Windows NT servers. These include:
- Windows 2K Server, Microsoft's Windows Advanced Server, and Microsoft's Windows Datacenter Server are the basis for all .NET application servers.
- Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server adds to the core dependability of the Windows NT OS platform that was first published in 1993, and is used in millions of applications worldwide.
- Greatly reduced support expense due to the ability to power PCs, notebooks and servers with the identical underlying OS platform.
- Management and system protection tools to lower the expense and enhance the reliability of Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows XP desktop workstations by using centralized user policies, rights and configurations. Keeping unauthorized users from putting programs on their laptop or workstation, or even prohibiting them from web access for users that have no business with such tools, can be a major productivity advantage for both
your clients and your IT support staff.
- In comparison with prior releases of Windows, such as Windows 98 or Windows NT, Microsoft's Windows Server 2000 is a highly stable environment for hosting line-of-business programs.
- An integrated protection and password model that is founded on a uniform directory architecture allows transparent and safe connectivity for local clients, mobile or off-site users, at-home workers, and web users.
- Significantly enhanced server and workstation administrative utilities that reduce the hassle of maintaining servers and desktops, freeing support staff personnel to enhance the service level and attentiveness to clients.
- Extensive hardware and software compatibility thanks to being the “Standard” OS.
- High quality support for remote access users, telecommuters, and virtual users, and particularly for users that are sometimes working at the office but need the identical degree of productivity when they are mobile. Features such as offline server folders allow clients seamless availability of data even when they are working offline.
- high availability features, including disk mirroring, distributed file system, and server clustering, maximize server availability and user productivity.
How Progent's Consultants Can Assist You with Windows Server 2000
Progent's Microsoft-certified engineers can help you to maintain your current Windows 2K Servers. However, since Microsoft has terminated all support for Windows Server 2000, it makes sense to consider migrating to an up-to-date version of Windows Server. Progent offers cost-effective Windows Server 2012 R2 migration help or Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud solutions. Progent has extensive background in managing pilot programs to lower the technical risk of migrating to Windows Servers by checking potential system compatibility problems. Also, Progent can provide CISA and GIAC certified security consultants to evaluate your existing IT security and propose company-wide policies, procedures and technologies to strengthen your security.
In order to get in touch with Progent concerning engineering help for Microsoft Windows Server, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Server Products
For small and mid-sized companies throughout the United States, Progent's Microsoft-authorized experts can provide computer assistance and IT consulting support for the whole array of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Server, and Windows Server 2003. Progent's planning, installation, update, and consulting services cover system design, deployment, and management help for
project management and documentation, on-site and off-site
technical help and system diagnosis,
Help Desk Outsourcing Services, certified
security expertise, full-service
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
In case your company needs immediate online help from a Microsoft certified consultant, refer to Progent's Emergency Remote Network Support.
Find out more details about Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft Server Products.