Overview of Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Norfolk
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complex exercise that calls for a combination of field experience, IT knowledge and business acumen. It also demands close co-operation with the ransomware victim's IT staff and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Since the top priority of the ransomware victim is fast recovery, it is vital to establish response groups that operate efficiently, in parallel, and in close communication. Progent has the breadth of technical knowledge and the depth of personnel to supplement your IT support team and restore your network environment quickly and economically.
Services available from Progent's ransomware settlement experts include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can assist with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- identifying and contacting the hacker persona
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Testing the hacker's decryption capabilities
- Deciding on an acceptable settlement amount with the victim and the insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the TA
- Confirming accordance with anti-money laundering laws
- Overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker
- Receiving, reviewing, and using the TA's decryptor mechanism
- If necessary, contacting the TA for technical help with the decryptor utility
After the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can assist you to recover computers and services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also help you to conduct comprehensive forensics and generate a report to share with the insurance provider. This document helps you to understand cybersecurity gaps that must be corrected and suggests steps that should be taken to block future ransomware assaults.
- Isolating infected endpoints and data stores to arrest the spread of the assault
- Creating digital copies of every compromised server and endpoint and data store in order to perform forensics without interfering with restoration
- Installing anti-virus protection to all clean endpoints
- Recovering files from air-gapped backups or unscathed machines
- Building a clean recovery environment
- Mapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-attack state
Beyond extorting money for a decryption utility, modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor often try to exfiltrate files. Hackers can then demand an extra ransom in exchange for not divulging this data on the dark web. Sadly, there exists no method to be certain that exfiltrated files have been totally deleted by the threat actor. In fact, in numerous cases the threat actor has limited say over data custody. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the necessity of engaging the advice of legal counsel, conducting an inventory of files were taken, and performing the necessary alerts to affected entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP application software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Norfolk
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement negotiation services in Norfolk, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.