Introduction to Progent's Application Development and DBA Services for Oracle
Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to a certified Oracle database administration expert or an Oracle application developer. Progent offers advanced DBA database services for Oracle 10g and 11g RDBMS platforms and can also help design, build, update, or troubleshoot Oracle database applications based on SQL and PL/SQL stored procedure programming language. Progent also offers support for Data Guard and Streams replication technologies and ASM file/volume manager.
Broad experience with Windows, Linux, and UNIX environments allows Progent's support team to help maintain and optimize database solutions in mixed-OS environments, and Progent's experience with multiple RDBMS platforms enables Progent to follow industry best practices in migrating efficiently between Oracle and other database technologies or from outdated versions of Oracle to the latest releases.
Progent's DBA Services for Oracle
Database administration expenses are significantly higher that the combined costs of RDBMS software licenses and support, making DBA services a critical area for controlling IT budgets by improving efficiency. Progent can provide expert consulting support for all aspects of Oracle database administration. Progent can help you develop comprehensive solutions for key Oracle DBA activities such as performance tuning, backup/recovery strategies, and database security, or mentor your in-house staff on utilizing industry best practices for streamlining various management tasks. Progent can help you take full advantage of powerful DBA tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Diagnostics Pack, and Oracle Database Tuning Pack to manage, monitor, troubleshoot, and tune your database.
Areas of expertise available from Progent for Oracle database administration include:
Progent can also help you configure and respond efficiently to Oracle's powerful set of DBA advisers for tuning Oracle databases including Mean Time to Recovery Advisor (MTTR), Data Recovery Advisor (DRA), Segment Advisor, Shared Pool Advisor, and Memory Advisors.
- Installing Oracle software
- Creating a database with the Database Configuration Assistant (DBCA)
- Designing and managing database storage structures
- Configuring the Oracle network environment
- Managing and consolidate the database file system storage with Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- Client configuration and managing users accounts, permissions, roles, and profiles
- Managing data concurrency
- Consolidating databases and RDBMS environments
- Replication with Data Guard and Streams
- Using the Oracle Database Resource Manager to optimize resource allocation
- Ensuring security and compliance
- Managing schema objects, such as tables, indexes, and views
- Configuring Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) to backup and restore databases
- Using Oracle Flashback Technology for online transaction rollback
- Using the Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) for SQL tuning
- Monitoring and troubleshooting using the Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM)
- Using the Oracle Scheduler for time-base, event-based, and dependency scheduling
- Upgrading the database and software to new releases
Progent's Application Development Services for Oracle
Progent can provide the services of a PL/SQL programmer to help you build, tune, troubleshoot, or port Oracle applications that can range from forms and business reports to data-driven web sites. In addition to offering experience with Oracle SQL Developer, SQL *Plus, and JDeveloper tools, Progent can help you analyze SQL tuning reports and optimize existing SQL code using Oracle's SQL Tuning Advisor and SQL Access Advisor. Progent can also help you migrate applications between Oracle and other DBMS platforms such as MySQL. In addition, Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants can help you use Visual Studio to develop .NET applications and maintain an IT environment that incorporates Oracle and Windows technology.
Online Support Saves Time and Money
Progent is experienced in providing high-level IT consulting and management services online, delivering solutions to complex problems quickly and affordably by eliminating the costs and delays associated with on-site consulting. Progent has delivered online support to businesses in every state in the U.S. (See Progent's customer testimonials.) By following leading practices and utilizing advanced technologies for remote service delivery, Progent offers a cost-effective way to maximize the business value of your information network.
Additional RDBMS Platforms Supported by Progent
Contact Progent for Expertise with Oracle
Progent's certified professionals offer online application development and database administration support for other major RDBMS platforms. Consulting services available from Progent include:
If you are looking for an Oracle developer or DBA expert, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.