Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when support personnel are likely to be slower to recognize a break-in and are least able to mount a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware can achieve inside a victim's network, the more time it takes to restore basic operations and damaged files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help you to carry out the time-critical first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware expert can assist businesses in the Parsippany metro area to locate and quarantine infected devices and protect undamaged assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Parsippany
Current strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and infiltrate any available backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and basically throws the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, demand a settlement fee for the decryptors required to unlock scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate files and TAs demand an extra settlement in exchange for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you can restore your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a big issue according to the nature of the stolen information.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware attack involves a number of crucial stages, most of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has enough people with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first step requires blocking the sideways progress of the attack across your network. The longer a ransomware assault is allowed to run unchecked, the more complex and more costly the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery engineers. Containment processes consist of isolating affected endpoint devices from the network to minimize the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a minimal useful degree of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This activity also requires the broadest array of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and protected endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to organize the multi-faceted recovery effort. Progent understands the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's managers and IT group to prioritize tasks and to get vital services on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to recover data damaged by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the systems, how many files are affected, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy critical databases which, if not properly closed, might have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other mission-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be required to find clean data. For instance, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on staff desktop computers and laptops that were off line during the ransomware assault.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM offers small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the identical AV technology implemented by some of the world's biggest corporations including Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware blocking, identification, mitigation, recovery and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight ASM lowers TCO, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Services include establishing the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryptor tool; debugging decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; remapping and connecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition; and recovering physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at uncovering the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps you to evaluate the damage and brings to light shortcomings in policies or processes that need to be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities like operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP application software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Expertise in Parsippany
For ransomware system restoration expertise in the Parsippany area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.