Progentís ProSight WAN Watch is a remote monitoring and management (RMM) service that provides an affordable way for small and mid-sized companies to track and troubleshoot devices like routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other networked devices that make up the core of your IT infrastructure. ProSight WAN Watch can also monitor essential information about servers and endpoint computers, generate network topo maps that are automatically kept up to date, analyze network performance in real time, and send alerts when potential problems are uncovered. The ability to collect and organize IT infrastructure data automatically can save significant management time and effort while performing typical tasks like patching routers and firewalls, identifying applications associated with a switch, determining the cause of network traffic bottlenecks, or making modifications to your IT infrastructure.
Progent's IT services team can set up ProSight WAN Watch to monitor your network infrastructure on a 24x7 basis. If an issue is detected, Progent can reference an always up to date topology diagram and configuration database and quickly drill down to device details in order to fix problems immediately. Easy access to accurate mapping and configuration data can eliminate hours of service expense and reduce system downtime. ProSight WAN Watch is also tightly integrated with Progent's advanced ticketing system so that alerts are automatically synchronized to Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC) tickets. This helps ensure that all issues are addressed rapidly and tracked until resolution.
ProSight WAN Watch creates network maps in real time for performance management and troubleshooting
Key Features of ProSight WAN Watch
ProSight WAN Watch offers a broad range of tools that deliver enterprise-class RMM capability to organizations with small-company IT budgets. Key features address infrastructure topology, asset inventory, configuration management, monitoring and alerts, troubleshooting, and performance tracking.
A Clear View of IT Infrastructure
ProSight WAN Watch makes it easy to understand your network infrastructure by offering features like automatically updated topology diagrams, device configuration databases, network documentation, map searches with filtering, plus IP address and password management.
Infrastructure Health Monitoring
- Topo Map Automation is performed by collecting CDP and LLDP data and using forwarding tables to build a Layer 1 network diagram. Layer 2 and Layer 3 diagrams are modeled from ARP tables, IP assignments, VLAN associations, and inferential algorithms. Accurate network diagrams can be generated quickly, updates are incorporated automatically in real time, and topo maps can be shared or exported. ProSight WAN Watch can automatically identify over 7,000 different networked devices from more than 230 vendors. Devices that you can monitor with ProSight WAN Watch include switches, routers, firewalls, wireless controllers, load balancers, servers, desktops, wireless access points, smartphones, tablets, SAN storage, printers, power supplies, VoIP phones, and chassis.
- Inventory Automation gathers data about every network-attached device. Information collected includes make, model, working status, IP addresses, and network associations. From the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard map you can drill down on any monitored device to view a complete device profile and to see charts, graphs and KPIs.
ProSight WAN Watch automatically collects and organizes key information about every network device
- IP Address Management avoids the tedious and costly processes of manually updating your IP address inventory and discovering devices one item at a time. Instead, ProSight WAN Watch automatically displays all the IP addresses used in any given subnet and indicates the devices using them.
- Password Management eliminates the problems involved with looking for the correct passwords for network resources. With ProSight WAN Watch you only have to enter a device password once. The password is then encrypted, stored securely in a centralized place, and authenticated automatically when authorized users log in.
ProSight WAN Watch monitors the health of networked devices and services continually. If parameters for performance, availability or other critical areas fall below pre-defined thresholds, ProSight WAN Watch compiles pertinent information to help you understand and resolve the problem before network productivity is seriously impacted.
- Alerts are sent automatically to selected people when ProSight WAN Watch spots an issue like a device becoming unavailable, a spike in traffic, or a high number of packet errors. ProSight WAN Watch comes with dozens of preconfigured alerts that you can edit, and you can also create your own alerts.
- Checking the Health of Services is performed automatically and continually. ProSight WAN Watch can determine the availability and status of key network-wide services like HTTP, MySQL, and AD. Dozens of service monitors can be run as configured or edited to run according to your specific requirements, and you can build your own monitors to track custom services. You can view which services are running on a given device and which ports each service uses. When a service being monitored by ProSight WAN Watch goes offline, an alert is sent and a trouble ticket can be issued automatically so work can begin at once to track and resolve the problem.
- Device-specific Data in the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard displays data relevant to the type of device being monitored. For example, ink cartridge levels can be shown for a monitored printer, or remaining battery capacity can be displayed for an uninterruptible power supply. Device-specific data monitoring is available out of the box for a wide variety of computers and network devices such as VMs, Windows and Linux servers and clients, VMware hypervisors, printers, stackable switches, wireless LAN controllers and wireless access points, and many more.
- Performance Tracking provides insights into network health by generating charts depicting network traffic flow, bandwidth usage and availability, areas experiencing high packet loss, etc. Statistics are collected by the minute for each interface and combined over devices, subnets, and VLANs to give you a complete picture of network performance and health and to facilitate important management tasks like load balancing, traffic shaping and capacity planning.
- Current and Historic Performance Data are archived securely in the cloud for indefinite periods to help you determine trends in performance over whatever timeframes you specify, which can cover any period from hours to years. An intuitive calendar picker simplifies the selection of time intervals to assist with troubleshooting, analytics, forensics, capacity planning or management reporting.
ProSight WAN Watch lets you select any time interval for troubleshooting, trend analysis, capacity planning or reporting
One of the top benefits of WAN Watch is its ability to slash the time required to troubleshoot a network, saving service costs and minimizing expensive downtime.
A Secure Cloud-based RMM Solution
- Network Evidence is a dashboard feature that allows you to find out instantly where a device has been seen across the network. This eliminates the tedious manual process of logging into each device to look for an IP address.
- Pooled Debugging Data includes automatically-generated consolidation of ARP tables, FDB tables, and listed routes along with intelligent filters for turning raw data into actionable information. This eliminates the need to query individual devices using traditional command-line interfaces.
ProSight WAN Watch streamlines troubleshooting by consolidating and filtering debugging data
- Configuration Management and Analysis features in WAN Watch include automatic discovery of every device on a network, capture and documentation of all running configurations, and logging of all configuration changes over time. Old configurations can be restored immediately with a single click. Device bandwidth and utilization charts make it easy to correlate configuration changes to performance in order to troubleshoot devices and refine optimization strategies. In addition, WAN Watch performs continual configuration analysis based on best practices and flags potential issues.
ProSight WAN Watch uses cloud resources to help you monitor and manage your network. A local collecting agent gathers device and performance information using standard communications protocols including ICMP, MDNS, SMB, SNMP, SSH, Telnet, TFTP and UPnP. The collected data are periodically sent to WAN Watch cloud servers via an SSL-encrypted web socket using certificate authentication. All device credentials and configuration data shared with WAN Watch are stored in the cloud using AES-128 encryption. No traffic content, such as email messages, can be seen by the WAN Watch cloud servers, so your sensitive corporate information and private data stay secure. The network maps, device profiles and visual renderings of network information accessed through the WAN Watch dashboard are available to authorized users via a secure login to a web browser.
The servers used by WAN Watch reside in the Amazon cloud, which includes all the features of world-class datacenters such as electronic surveillance, multi-factor access control systems, 24x7 staffing by trained security guards, ISO 28001 and 9001 certifications, and regular SOC 1 audits. Compared to an on-premises architecture, the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model used by WAN Watch dramatically cuts setup and operational costs, eliminates maintenance overhead, provides access to unlimited storage and processing capacity, and delivers a high-level of fault tolerance and recoverability.
Download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch: Network Infrastructure Remote Monitoring and Management Datasheet
To download a single-page datasheet in PDF format describing Progent's ProSight WAN Watch infrastructure RMM services, click:
Progent's ProSight WAN Watch Infrastructure Monitoring and Management Services Datasheet. (PDF - 88 KB)
How Progent Can Help You with ProSight WAN Watch
Progent can help you set up ProSight WAN Watch and use the platform for efficiently managing and troubleshooting your network infrastructure. You can outsource all remote monitoring and management tasks to Progent or you can co-source RMM activities, using Progent to provide as-needed guidance and remediation services. Progent offers expertise for virtually all of the network appliances, servers, VMs, endpoints and services that can be monitored and managed by ProSight WAN Watch. For example, Progent has a large roster of Cisco CCIE-certified network infrastructure consultants who can provide online or onsite expertise for Cisco's entire line of network appliances and management tools.
With two decades of experience delivering remote IT management and support to companies throughout North America, and with a team of more than 100 network consultants and subject matter experts, Progent has the know-how to maximize the business value of your WAN Watch solution.
ProSight Network Audit Basic: Affordable Network Health Audit with Active Directory Cleanup Report
ProSight WAN Watch is the RMM engine behind the Basic version of Progent's ProSight Network Audit service. This affordable infrastructure health check provides an objective assessment about how well the current deployment of your core network assets conform to industry best practices and includes an Active Directory Cleanup report. The audit also comes with a subscription to the ProSight WAN Watch managed service. To learn about ProSight Network Audit Basic, visit ProSight Network Audit Basic.
Other ProSight Managed Services Available from Progent
In addition to ProSight WAN Watch, Progent's ProSight suite of network management services includes other affordably-priced managed service packages that address crucial aspects of your IT ecosystem such as security, disaster recovery, and email filtering. By partnering with leading technology innovators, Progent can offer small and mid-size organizations the benefits of the same advanced technology deployed by many of the world's largest enterprises.
Managed services available from Progent include:
Download Progent's 10 Benefits of Managed IT Services White Paper
- ProSight Active Security Monitoring: Endpoint Protection and Ransomware Defense
Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring is an endpoint protection (EPP) solution that incorporates next generation behavior machine learning technology to guard physical and virtual endpoints against modern malware assaults like ransomware and email phishing, which routinely escape traditional signature-matching AV tools. ProSight Active Security Monitoring safeguards local and cloud-based resources and provides a unified platform to manage the complete threat lifecycle including blocking, identification, containment, cleanup, and post-attack forensics. Top capabilities include single-click rollback using Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service and real-time system-wide immunization against new threats. Read more about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- ProSight Enhanced Security Protection: Physical and Virtual Endpoint Protection and Exchange Email Filtering
Progent's ProSight Enhanced Security Protection services offer economical multi-layer security for physical servers and VMs, desktops, smartphones, and Exchange email. ProSight ESP utilizes contextual security and modern behavior analysis for continuously monitoring and reacting to cyber threats from all attack vectors. ProSight ESP offers two-way firewall protection, penetration alerts, device management, and web filtering via leading-edge technologies packaged within a single agent accessible from a single control. Progent's data protection and virtualization experts can assist you to plan and configure a ProSight ESP environment that addresses your company's specific needs and that helps you demonstrate compliance with government and industry information protection standards. Progent will assist you define and configure security policies that ProSight ESP will manage, and Progent will monitor your network and react to alerts that call for urgent action. Progent's consultants can also assist you to install and test a backup and disaster recovery system such as ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS) so you can get back in business rapidly from a destructive cyber attack like ransomware. Learn more about Progent's ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP) unified physical and virtual endpoint protection and Exchange filtering.
- ProSight Data Protection Services: Managed Backup and Disaster Recovery
ProSight Data Protection Services from Progent provide small and medium-sized organizations a low cost and fully managed service for reliable backup/disaster recovery (BDR). Available at a fixed monthly price, ProSight DPS automates and monitors your backup processes and enables rapid restoration of vital data, apps and VMs that have become unavailable or damaged as a result of hardware breakdowns, software glitches, natural disasters, human error, or malware attacks like ransomware. ProSight Data Protection Services can help you protect, retrieve and restore files, folders, apps, system images/, as well as Hyper-V and VMware images/. Critical data can be protected on the cloud, to a local device, or mirrored to both. Progent's backup and recovery specialists can provide advanced support to configure ProSight Data Protection Services to to comply with government and industry regulatory requirements such as HIPPA, FINRA, PCI and Safe Harbor and, whenever needed, can assist you to recover your critical information. Find out more about ProSight Data Protection Services Managed Backup.
- ProSight Email Guard: Inbound and Outbound Spam Filtering and Data Leakage Protection
ProSight Email Guard is Progent's spam and virus filtering and email encryption service that incorporates the infrastructure of leading data security vendors to provide web-based management and comprehensive protection for all your email traffic. The hybrid structure of Email Guard integrates a Cloud Protection Layer with an on-premises security gateway appliance to offer advanced protection against spam, viruses, Denial of Service Attacks, Directory Harvest Attacks (DHAs), and other email-borne malware. Email Guard's cloud filter serves as a preliminary barricade and blocks the vast majority of threats from reaching your network firewall. This decreases your exposure to external attacks and saves system bandwidth and storage. Email Guard's on-premises security gateway device adds a deeper layer of inspection for incoming email. For outgoing email, the onsite gateway offers anti-virus and anti-spam protection, policy-based Data Loss Prevention, and email encryption. The local security gateway can also help Microsoft Exchange Server to track and protect internal email traffic that originates and ends within your security perimeter. For more information, see ProSight Email Guard spam and content filtering.
- ProSight LAN Watch: Server and Desktop Monitoring and Management
ProSight LAN Watch is Progentís server and desktop monitoring managed service that incorporates advanced remote monitoring and management techniques to help keep your IT system running efficiently by checking the state of critical computers that power your information system. When ProSight LAN Watch uncovers a problem, an alarm is sent automatically to your specified IT management personnel and your Progent engineering consultant so all looming problems can be resolved before they have a chance to impact your network. Find out more about ProSight LAN Watch server and desktop remote monitoring services.
- ProSight Virtual Hosting: Hosted Virtual Machines at Progent's Tier III Data Center
With ProSight Virtual Hosting service, a small or mid-size organization can have its key servers and apps hosted in a secure fault tolerant data center on a high-performance virtual host set up and managed by Progent's IT support experts. Under Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting service model, the client retains ownership of the data, the operating system software, and the applications. Since the environment is virtualized, it can be moved immediately to an alternate hosting environment without a time-consuming and technically risky configuration process. With ProSight Virtual Hosting, your business is not tied one hosting provider. Find out more details about ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
- ProSight IT Asset Management: Network Documentation Management
Progent's ProSight IT Asset Management service is a cloud-based IT documentation management service that makes it easy to capture, update, retrieve and protect information related to your IT infrastructure, procedures, applications, and services. You can instantly locate passwords or serial numbers and be alerted about upcoming expirations of SSL certificates or domains. By updating and managing your network documentation, you can eliminate up to 50% of time wasted looking for vital information about your IT network. ProSight IT Asset Management features a common location for storing and sharing all documents required for managing your network infrastructure like recommended procedures and How-To's. ProSight IT Asset Management also supports a high level of automation for gathering and relating IT information. Whether youíre making enhancements, doing regular maintenance, or reacting to an emergency, ProSight IT Asset Management delivers the knowledge you need as soon as you need it. Learn more about ProSight IT Asset Management service.
To download a white paper explaining why managed services are rapidly replacing the old break/fix model of network support outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses, click:
10 Benefits of Managed IT Services. (PDF - 710 KB)
ProSight Network Audits
Progent's ProSight Network Audits offer a fast and low-cost way for small and medium-size businesses to get an objective assessment of the health of their IT system. Based on some of the top remote monitoring and management (RMM) platforms available, and overseen by Progent's certified group of IT professionals, ProSight Network Audits show you how closely the configuration of your essential network assets conform to leading practices. Both the Basic and Advanced versions of ProSight Network Audit services are available at a budget-friendly, one-time cost and deliver instant benefits such as a cleaner Active Directory (AD) environment. Both versions also come with a year of state-of-the-art remote network monitoring and management (RMM). Benefits can include easier network management, better compliance with government and industry security requirements, more efficient utilization of IT assets, quicker problem resolution, more dependable backup and restore, and less downtime. Read more information about ProSight Network Audits IT infrastructure assessment.
The ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report
The ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report is a low-cost service centered on a brief interview with a Progent backup/recovery expert. The fact-finding interview is designed to help assess your organization's ability to defend against ransomware or recover rapidly after an attack by a ransomware strain such as Ryuk, WannaCry, NotPetya, or Locky. Progent will consult with you personally to gather information concerning your existing antivirus tools and backup/recovery procedures, and Progent will then produce a custom Basic Security and Best Practices Report detailing how you can apply best practices to create an efficient AV and backup/recovery system that minimizes your exposure to ransomware and meets your company's needs. For additional information, visit Progent's ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report.
Additional Value-priced Service Packages Available from Progent
Specially priced service bundles available from Progent to help you achieve and prove compliance with regulatory and industry security standards include security vulnerability assessment and stealth penetration testing. Progent also offers expert disaster recovery planning consulting and business continuity planning consulting to help ensure you can return to operations quickly in case of a catastrophic failure due to a natural disaster, fire, cyber attack, human error, equipment breakdown, or any other foreseeable disruptive event.
Contact Progent to Find Out More about ProSight WAN Watch Network Infrastructure RMM Services
For detailed pricing and to find out more about how ProSight WAN Watch services can save you management time and increase network availability and performance, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.