Progentís ProSight WAN Watch is a cloud-based network infrastructure management service that makes it easy and affordable for small and mid-sized businesses to map, monitor, optimize and troubleshoot their networking devices like routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other so-called "packet pushers" that constitute the heart of your network. Using state-of-the-art Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) technology, ProSight WAN Watch keeps network maps updated in real time, captures and manages the configuration of virtually all devices on your network, monitors performance, and generates alerts when issues are detected. By automating time-consuming management tasks, ProSight WAN Watch can shave hours off the drudgery of common procedures such as reconfiguring or expanding your network, finding appliances that require critical updates, or isolating performance bottlenecks.
If you use Progent's IT services team to manage or troubleshoot your network infrastructure, ProSight WAN Watch allows the experts at Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC) to view an accurate map of your complete network infrastructure and drill down to component details to resolve issues quickly. Whether you need to know which access point is being used by a smartphone or which switch a server is connected to, instant and accurate network mapping can save hours of support costs and network downtime. ProSight WAN Watch also integrates seamlessly with Progent's enterprise-class support system by synchronizing network alerts to TRC tickets, ensuring that any problems will be addressed quickly and resolved efficiently.
ProSight WAN Watch creates network maps in real time for performance management and troubleshooting
Features of ProSight WAN Watch
ProSight WAN Watch provides a wealth of features for delivering world-class network infrastructure RMM capabilities to small and mid-size organizations at an easily affordable price. These features cover network topology and asset inventory, configuration management, advanced network monitoring and alerts, troubleshooting, and performance analysis.
Understanding Network Infrastructure
ProSight WAN Watch provides best-of-breed visibility into network infrastructure with features that include automated topology mapping, device inventory, and network documentation plus filtered map searching, IP address management, and password management.
Infrastructure Monitoring and Tracking
- Automated Mapping is accomplished by gathering CDP and LLDP data along with forwarding tables to model a Layer 1 network diagram and building Layer 2 and Layer 3 visualizations from ARP tables, IP assignments, VLAN associations, and inferential algorithms. Accurate network maps can be created in minutes, changes are automatically added in real time, and maps can be exported and shared. ProSight WAN Watch can identify more than 7,000 different devices from over 230 manufacturers. Devices that can be monitored by WAN Watch include routers, switches, firewalls, Wi-Fi controllers, load balancers, packet processors, servers, Wi-Fi access points, workstations, phones, tablets, hubs, network storage, printers, copiers, hypervisors, virtual appliances, unmanaged switches, bridges, power supplies, telecommunications, and chassis.
- Inventory Automation collects detailed information on every device attached to a network. This includes device make and model, working status, IP addresses, and network associations. From the dashboard map you can drill down on any device to see a full profile as well as charts and graphs plus key performance indicators (KPIs).
ProSight WAN Watch automatically profiles and catalogs every device on a network
- IP Address Management eliminates manually maintained IP address inventory and device-by-device discovery by displaying all the IP addresses used in a selected subnet and the devices that use them.
- Password Management avoids the hassles associated with trying to remember or locate credentials for various network devices. ProSight WAN Watch allows you to enter device credentials one time. Passwords are then encrypted and securely stored and automatically authenticated on log-in.
ProSight WAN Watch continually monitors devices, services and network performance, automatically generates alerts when network health falls below defined thresholds, and collects and organizes meaningful data to help you maintain and optimize your network.
- Alerts notify specified personnel when WAN Watch detects issues such as devices going offline, traffic spikes, or packet errors. Dozens of preconfigured alerts are included and you can modify them or create custom alerts.
- Service Monitoring automatically detects the availability and status of critical services running across the network such as HTTP, MySQL, and Active Directory. Dozens of services are set up for monitoring out of the box, and you can define your own custom services. You can also drill down to see which services are running on a specific device and which ports are used. When a monitored service stops working, WAN Watch generates an alert so you can begin remediation immediately.
- Device-relevant Data allows WAN Watch dashboards to provide information appropriate for the devices being monitored, such as ink cartridge levels for a printer or remaining battery capacity for a UPS. Device-specific data can be detected for a broad range of computers and network appliances including virtual machines, Windows and Linux servers and endpoints, VMware hypervisors, printers, universal power supplies, stackable switches, wireless LAN controllers and Wi-Fi access points.
- Performance and Health Stats allow you to understand and optimize network performance by charting traffic flow, bandwidth availability and utilization, packet loss concentrations, and other key parameters. Per-minute statistics are collected for each interface and aggregated over devices, subnets, and VLAN networks to provide the information you need for effective load balancing, traffic shaping and capacity planning.
- Historic Performance Data are stored in the cloud indefinitely so you can detect performance trends for timeframes that can range from hours to years. A calendar picker makes it easy to select time intervals for troubleshooting, analysis, forensics, planning or reporting.
ProSight WAN Watch lets you pick any timeframe for analysis, troubleshooting, planning or reporting
A great benefit of ProSight WAN Watch is its ability to streamline the troubleshooting process. This directly cuts the cost of technical support and, more importantly, reduces network downtime.
Cloud-based Remote Monitoring and Management with Enterprise-class Security
- Network Evidence is a feature of the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard that displays where a device has been seen throughout the network. This allows you to avoid the time-consuming process of manually logging into each device and searching for an IP address.
- Pooled Debugging Data is another useful troubleshooting feature that automatically consolidates ARP tables, FDB tables, and listed routes. The addition of smart filters lets you quickly turn masses of raw data into useful intelligence. Pooled Debugging Data replaces the laborious process of using command line interfaces (CLIs) to query devices individually.
ProSight WAN Watch streamlines troubleshooting by consolidating and filtering debugging data
- Configuration Management and Analysis tools available with ProSight WAN Watch include automatic discovery of all networked devices, capture and documentation of all active configurations, and logging of configuration change history. You can recover older configurations with one click. In addition, device bandwidth and utilization charts simplify the process of correlating configuration changes to performance. This speeds up troubleshooting and provides valuable information for network optimization and capacity planning. ProSight WAN Watch also runs ongoing configuration analysis based on comparison to leading practices and identifies potential problems.
ProSight WAN Watch leverages cloud-based resources to minimize the cost and hassle of network monitoring and management. On-premises agent software collects device and performance data via standard communications protocols such as ICMP, MDNS, SMB, SNMP, SSH, Telnet, TFTP and UPnP. The gathered information is periodically sent to ProSight WAN Watch cloud servers using an SSL-encrypted web socket with certificate authentication. Device credentials and configuration data shared with ProSight WAN Watch are stored in the cloud using AES-128 encryption. No traffic content, such as email messages, can be read by the ProSight WAN Watch cloud servers, so your sensitive corporate and private data stay secure. The network diagrams, device profiles and visualizations of network data available via the ProSight WAN Watch dashboard are accessible to authorized users only via a secure login to a web browser.
ProSight WAN Watch servers are hosted in the Amazon cloud, which offers an abundance of security features such as electronic surveillance, multi-factor access control systems, 24x7 staffing by trained security guards, ISO 28001 and 9001 certifications, and regular SOC 1 audits. In comparison to an on-premises architecture, the SaaS model employed by ProSight WAN Watch significantly reduces the cost of setup and operations, avoids maintenance overhead, allows on-demand access to limitless storage and processing capacity, and delivers world-class levels of availability and recoverability.
Download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch: Network Infrastructure Remote Monitoring and Management Datasheet
To view or download Progent's ProSight WAN Watch infrastructure RMM services datasheet, click:
Progent's ProSight WAN Watch Infrastructure Monitoring Services Datasheet. (PDF - 88 KB)
How Progent Can Help You with ProSight WAN Watch
Progent can set up ProSight WAN Watch and use the platform for remotely monitoring and troubleshooting your network infrastructure. You can outsource all your network monitoring and management activities to Progent's experts or you can co-source these services by using Progent for occasional IT consulting and troubleshooting. Progent can provide high-level support for the network infrastructure, servers, virtual machines, endpoints, and services that can be monitored by ProSight WAN Watch. As an example, Progent maintains a large team of Cisco CCIE-certified network infrastructure consultants who can deliver online or onsite support for all of Cisco's network devices and management software. Progent can also provide the service of a certified VMware VCDX consultant to help you design, configure, manage and troubleshoot a vSphere-based virtualization solution.
With 20 years of background providing remote IT monitoring and management services across the U.S., and with a team of over 100 network consultants and subject matter experts, Progent has the breadth and depth of experience to make sure your ProSight WAN Watch deployment delivers maximum business value.
ProSight Network Audit Basic: Low-cost Network Health Audit with Active Directory (AD) Cleanup Report
ProSight WAN Watch is the remote monitoring and management tool that drives Progent's ProSight Network Audit Basic service. This fast and affordable network health review offers an unbiased assessment on how closely the current configuration of your essential network components follows leading practices. The audit comes with a valuable Active Directory (AD) Cleanup report to help you straighten out one of the most important and neglected areas of small businesses network management. The audit also includes one year of Progent's ProSight WAN Watch managed service. To find out more about ProSight Network Audit Basic, see ProSight Network Audit Basic.
Other ProSight Managed Services Offered by Progent
In addition to ProSight WAN Watch, Progent's ProSight line of infrastructure management services includes other low-cost remote monitoring and management services that cover various key facets of your information network including endpoint security, backup and disaster recovery, email content filtering, server and desktop monitoring, virtual machine hosting, and IT documentation management. Partnerships with top RMM technology providers allow Progent to offer small and medium-size businesses the advantages of the same cutting-edge monitoring and management technology used by major enterprises.
Managed services available from Progent include:
Download Progent's 10 Benefits of Managed IT Services White Paper
- ProSight Active Security Monitoring: Endpoint Protection and Ransomware Defense
ProSight Active Security Monitoring is an endpoint protection (EPP) solution that incorporates cutting edge behavior analysis technology to guard physical and virtual endpoint devices against modern malware attacks such as ransomware and file-less exploits, which routinely escape legacy signature-based anti-virus products. ProSight Active Security Monitoring protects on-premises and cloud resources and provides a unified platform to address the complete threat lifecycle including filtering, detection, containment, remediation, and forensics. Key features include single-click rollback with Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service and automatic system-wide immunization against newly discovered attacks. Learn more about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- ProSight Enhanced Security Protection: Physical and Virtual Endpoint Protection and Microsoft Exchange Filtering
ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP) managed services deliver economical in-depth protection for physical servers and VMs, workstations, smartphones, and Exchange Server. ProSight ESP utilizes adaptive security and modern behavior analysis for continuously monitoring and reacting to security threats from all vectors. ProSight ESP provides firewall protection, penetration alerts, endpoint management, and web filtering through cutting-edge technologies incorporated within one agent accessible from a unified control. Progent's security and virtualization experts can help your business to design and configure a ProSight ESP environment that addresses your organization's unique needs and that helps you demonstrate compliance with government and industry information security standards. Progent will assist you define and configure security policies that ProSight ESP will manage, and Progent will monitor your IT environment and respond to alerts that require immediate action. Progent's consultants can also help your company to set up and test a backup and disaster recovery solution such as ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS) so you can get back in business quickly from a potentially disastrous security attack like ransomware. Read more about Progent's ProSight Enhanced Security Protection unified endpoint security and Exchange filtering.
- ProSight Data Protection Services: Managed Backup and Disaster Recovery
ProSight Data Protection Services from Progent provide small and mid-sized organizations an affordable and fully managed service for secure backup/disaster recovery. Available at a low monthly price, ProSight DPS automates your backup activities and enables rapid restoration of critical data, applications and virtual machines that have become lost or corrupted as a result of component breakdowns, software glitches, disasters, human mistakes, or malware attacks such as ransomware. ProSight DPS can help you back up, retrieve and restore files, folders, apps, system images/, as well as Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware virtual machine images/. Critical data can be protected on the cloud, to an on-promises device, or to both. Progent's backup and recovery specialists can deliver advanced support to configure ProSight Data Protection Services to to comply with government and industry regulatory requirements such as HIPPA, FINRA, and PCI and, whenever needed, can help you to recover your critical data. Read more about ProSight Data Protection Services Managed Backup.
- ProSight Email Guard: Inbound and Outbound Spam Filtering and Data Leakage Protection
ProSight Email Guard is Progent's spam filtering and email encryption service that incorporates the technology of leading data security vendors to deliver centralized management and world-class protection for your email traffic. The powerful structure of Email Guard combines cloud-based filtering with a local security gateway device to offer complete protection against spam, viruses, Denial of Service (DoS) Attacks, Directory Harvest Attacks, and other email-based threats. The cloud filter serves as a first line of defense and blocks most threats from making it to your security perimeter. This decreases your vulnerability to external attacks and saves system bandwidth and storage space. Email Guard's on-premises gateway device provides a deeper level of inspection for incoming email. For outbound email, the on-premises gateway provides anti-virus and anti-spam filtering, DLP, and email encryption. The local security gateway can also help Microsoft Exchange Server to track and safeguard internal email that originates and ends within your security perimeter. For more details, see ProSight Email Guard spam filtering and data leakage protection.
- ProSight LAN Watch: Server and Desktop Monitoring and Management
ProSight LAN Watch is Progentís server and desktop remote monitoring managed service that uses advanced remote monitoring and management techniques to keep your IT system running efficiently by checking the state of vital assets that drive your information system. When ProSight LAN Watch detects a problem, an alarm is sent automatically to your specified IT staff and your Progent consultant so any potential issues can be resolved before they can disrupt your network. Learn more about ProSight LAN Watch server and desktop remote monitoring services.
- ProSight Virtual Hosting: Hosted VMs at Progent's World-class Data Center
With Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting service, a small or mid-size business can have its critical servers and applications hosted in a protected fault tolerant data center on a fast virtual host set up and maintained by Progent's network support experts. With the ProSight Virtual Hosting service model, the customer owns the data, the operating system platforms, and the applications. Because the system is virtualized, it can be moved immediately to a different hardware environment without a time-consuming and technically risky reinstallation procedure. With ProSight Virtual Hosting, your business is not tied one hosting service. Find out more about ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
- ProSight IT Asset Management: Network Documentation Management
Progent's ProSight IT Asset Management service is a cloud-based IT documentation management service that allows you to create, update, find and protect information related to your IT infrastructure, procedures, applications, and services. You can quickly find passwords or serial numbers and be alerted about upcoming expirations of SSL certificates or warranties. By cleaning up and organizing your IT infrastructure documentation, you can save up to half of time wasted searching for critical information about your IT network. ProSight IT Asset Management features a centralized location for storing and sharing all documents related to managing your network infrastructure like recommended procedures and self-service instructions. ProSight IT Asset Management also supports advanced automation for gathering and associating IT information. Whether youíre planning enhancements, doing maintenance, or responding to an emergency, ProSight IT Asset Management delivers the data you need as soon as you need it. Read more about Progent's ProSight IT Asset Management service.
To download a white paper explaining why managed services are rapidly takingthe place of the traditional break/fix model of IT support for small and mid-size businesses, click:
10 Benefits of Managed IT Services. (PDF - 710 KB)
ProSight Network Audits
Progent's ProSight Network Audits offer a fast and affordable alternative for small and medium-size businesses to obtain an unbiased assessment of the overall health of their information system. Based on a selection of the top remote monitoring and management platforms in the industry, and overseen by Progent's certified team of IT professionals, ProSight Network Audits help you see how closely the configuration of your core infrastructure devices adhere to leading practices. The Basic and Advanced options for ProSight Network Audit services are available at a budget-friendly, one-time cost and provide immediate ROI like a cleaner Active Directory environment. Both versions also include a year of state-of-the-art remote network monitoring and management. Advantages can include lower-cost management, improved compliance with information security requirements, higher utilization of IT resources, quicker troubleshooting, more reliable backup and recovery, and increased uptime. See more information about Progent's ProSight Network Audits network infrastructure assessment.
Progent's ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report
The ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report service is a low-cost service built around a brief phone discussion with a Progent information assurance expert. The interview is intended to help evaluate your company's ability to defend against ransomware or recover quickly following an assault by a ransomware variant such as Ryuk, WannaCry, MongoLock, or Locky. Progent will consult with you personally to gather information concerning your current security profile and backup/recovery system, and Progent will then produce a custom Basic Security and Best Practices Report describing how you can apply best practices to create an efficient AV and backup/recovery environment that reduces your vulnerability to ransomware and aligns with your company's requirements. For more information, visit Progent's ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report.
Additional Value-priced Service Packages Available from Progent
Specially priced service bundles available from Progent to help you achieve and prove compliance with regulatory and industry security standards include security vulnerability assessment and stealth penetration testing. Progent also offers expert disaster recovery planning consulting and business continuity planning consulting to help ensure you can return to operations quickly in case of a catastrophic failure due to a natural disaster, fire, cyber attack, human error, equipment breakdown, or any other foreseeable disruptive event.
Contact Progent to Find Out More about ProSight WAN Watch RMM Services
For pricing information and to learn more about how ProSight WAN Watch services can cut management costs and increase network uptime and performance, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.