Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Fresno
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors (TAs). Reaching an optimum settlement is a complex activity that calls for a mix of real-word experience, IT skills and business acumen. It also demands working closely with the victim's IT staff and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Since the number one goal of the ransomware victim is operational continuity, it is critical to deploy recovery groups that work efficiently, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the scope of IT skills and the deep bench of experts to complement your network support team and recover your network rapidly and economically.
Support provided by Progent's ransomware settlement experts include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker persona
- Assessing the recovery risk
- Validating the threat actor's decryption tool
- Budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement and schedule with the hacker
- Verifying adherence to anti-money laundering regulations
- Carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA
- Acquiring, learning, and using the TA's decryption tool
- If needed, contacting the TA for technical help with the decryptor utility
Once the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can help you to restore machines and software services to their original condition. Progent can also assist you to conduct a forensics investigation and create a document to share with the insurance provider. This report identifies security vulnerabilities that must be corrected and recommends actions that can be performed to block future ransomware assaults.
- Isolating affected endpoints to prevent further spread of the assault
- Creating digital copies of each breached server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics in parallel with recovery
- Installing anti-virus agents to all clean endpoints
- Restoring files from offline backups or unscathed machines
- Creating a pristine environment
- Remapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-attack state
In addition to demanding payment for a decryption utility, modern variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor commonly try to exfiltrate files. Hackers are then able to require a separate ransom for not publishing this information on the dark web. Unfortunately, there exists no method to guarantee that exfiltrated files have been totally deleted by the hacker. Actually, in many cases the TA has limited control about data custody. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of engaging the guidance of privacy attorneys, performing an investigation into which files were stolen, and performing the required alerts to affected entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Services in Fresno
To contact with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement guidance in Fresno, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.