Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Stockton
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors (TAs). Reaching an optimum settlement is a complicated activity that calls for a mix of real-word experience, IT knowledge and business savvy. It also requires close co-operation with the victim's IT staff and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Since the top priority of the ransomware victim is operational continuity, it is critical to deploy response groups that operate efficiently, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the breadth of technical knowledge and the deep bench of personnel to supplement your IT staff and recover your network environment quickly and affordably.
Support offered by Progent's ransomware settlement experts include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Establishing the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker persona
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Testing the threat actor's decryption capabilities
- Agreeing on a settlement payment with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement and schedule with the TA
- Checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) laws
- Managing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA
- Acquiring, reviewing, and operating the threat actor's decryptor mechanism
- If necessary, contacting the TA for technical help with the decryptor tool
Once the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can help you to recover computers and services to their original state. Progent can also help you to conduct comprehensive forensics and generate a report to deliver to the insurance carrier. This document identifies cybersecurity gaps that must be eliminated and recommends steps to be taken to counter subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining infected endpoints and data stores to arrest the progress of the assault
- Making replicas of every infected device and data store in order to perform forensics in parallel with cleanup
- Installing anti-virus protection to all clean endpoints
- Salvaging files from offline backups or unscathed endpoints
- Building a pristine recovery environment
- Remapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond extorting payment for a decryption tool, modern variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor often try to exfiltrate files. TAs are then able to demand an extra payment for not posting this data on the dark web. Unfortunately, there exists no way to prove that exfiltrated files have been totally deleted by the threat actor. In fact, in numerous cases the TA has little say about the disposition of the data. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of seeking the advice of legal counsel, conducting an audit on which data were taken, and performing the required notifications to impacted entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Services in Stockton
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement expertise in Stockton, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.