Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Baton Rouge company to select the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Baton Rouge, Louisiana companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you must accommodate a combination of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for deploying home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Line-of-business applications might demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Expanding the business phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based VoIP products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand integration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist you to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that permits remote workforce to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can retrieve them safely through a browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-edit files. Edits created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for enabling businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that include internal data centers, remote workers, branches, and cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, previously called Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's top provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network model so your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your business to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
An emergency, company-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which might be driven by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online IT support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to track or edit the status of their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex problems. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables you to augment your current Help Desk organization by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center support seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the leading professional services automation tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home workforce, see Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Work-from-Home (WFH) workers commonly utilize their own devices and often work in an unsecured physical environment. This situation increases their susceptibility to malware threats and requires careful deployment of corporate firewalls, anti-malware tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote endpoint monitoring, thorough end-user training, and the development of policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of data security solutions experts can assist you to design, implement and manage a compliant security solution that guards vital IT assets in networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and older firewall devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers utilized by remote workers and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context from SentinelOne to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo MFA Service Plans incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to defend against compromised passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports one-tap identity confirmation with iOS, Android, and other personal devices. With 2FA, when you sign into a protected application and give your password you are requested to confirm your identity via a unit that only you have and that is accessed using a different network channel. A broad range of out-of-band devices can be used as this second form of ID validation including a smartphone or watch, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You may register several validation devices. For details about Duo identity authentication services, go to Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Horizon3.ai's NodeZero Pentest Platform is a breakthrough penetration test (pentest) product family that supports automated testing of your at-home connectivity solution and your internal and perimeter networks to help you expose, rank, remediate, and verify cybersecurity weaknesses before threat actors can take advantage of them. Progent's pentest experts can assist you to use NodeZero to perform thorough pentests of your perimeter and your internal network so you can evaluate your current security posture. Progent can also assist you to strengthen your network security and can help you to plan and implement a unified cybersecurity strategy that simplifies management and provides maximum protection for on-premises, multi-cloud, remote, and perimeter IT assets. To learn additional information about Progent's vulnerability analysis services powered by on NodeZero's penetration test platform, refer to Consulting Services for NodeZero's Pentest Platform.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home Network
To view or download a white paper describing key areas to concentrate on for protecting a network that supports work-from-home staff, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical information in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must cover multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote access to consultants familiar with a broad range of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly anticipate scenarios that require a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist you to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for safeguarding corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, go to Intune mobile endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Baton Rouge, Louisiana organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.