Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Plano company to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Plano, Texas organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated and current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for integrating home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications may require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for identifying Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the company PBX environment to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that provides the versatility, transparency and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to support your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver as-needed integration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can help you to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich environment of applications that create a consistent user interface for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that enables at-home workforce to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to integration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftï¿½s collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author documents. Edits made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers advanced online support for enabling businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading family of cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure access to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to get you past tough technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your business to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist you to use GCP's management technology to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A fast, company-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which could be driven by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts along with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to check or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center team by sharing delivery of Call Center support services transparently between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a collaborative support model based on the leading PSA tool for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class desktop support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
At-home employees typically use their personal computing devices and often operate in an unsecured physical space. This increases their susceptibility to cyber threats and requires careful configuration of firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, intensive user education, and the development of security policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of data security support experts can help you to plan, deploy and maintain a compliant security solution that guards vital IT assets in environments that include telecommuters.
Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and control appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and older security devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers used by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology from SentinelOne to detect new attacks at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
Progent's Duo authentication managed services incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to protect against password theft through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables one-tap identity verification on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. With Duo 2FA, whenever you log into a protected online account and give your password you are requested to confirm your identity on a unit that only you have and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide selection of devices can be used as this added form of ID validation such as a smartphone or wearable, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You can register multiple verification devices. To learn more about ProSight Duo two-factor identity authentication services, visit Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for telecommuters.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your procedures and policies and assess your IT architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home Environment
To view or download a white paper about critical areas to focus on for protecting an IT environment that incorporates telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital data in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures due to equipment issues, programming glitches, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must address diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online access to experts familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly anticipate circumstances that require a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for protecting critical information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how home-based workers share information, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, go to Intune mobile endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Plano, Texas organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.