Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Jacksonville organization to select the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services that go from on demand guidance for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Jacksonville, Florida businesses to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated as well as current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authorized remote workers to use IT resources located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for setting up home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical applications may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the corporate phone system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the versatility, transparency and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software used throughout the network. CUCM supports other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide online configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can help you to manage your current conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that enables at-home workers to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can share them securely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-author documents. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers affordable remote support for helping businesses to create, maintain and repair integrated hybrid network models that include internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to guide you through challenging technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top provider of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud is a leading set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify identity control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A fast, organization-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which could be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote technical support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to track or revise the status of their active tickets, add details, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced issues. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables you to supplement your current Help Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk support services seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a collaborative support solution based on the leading professional services automation tool for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your telecommuters, see Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Remote workers commonly run their personal equipment and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for careful use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can assist you to plan, deploy and manage a compliant security solution that protects sensitive data in IT networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and control different access rights to various groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, see firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and local security attacks for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your IT architecture to allow you to design top-level security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical data so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, software glitches, human error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision scenarios that require a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can help you to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for safeguarding critical data by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, visit Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Jacksonville, Florida business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.