Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Jacksonville organization to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Jacksonville, Florida companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online support for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online support for setting up home routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Line-of-business applications may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, choosing sensible service offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or tune a remote IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, refer to CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist your company to tune these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build secure portals that enables remote workers to view and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can access them securely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-author documents. Edits made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced remote assistance for enabling businesses to build, maintain and optimize cohesive network models that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected access to Azure for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting services for Azure, see Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy remote access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to get you past challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your business to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A sudden, company-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which might be activated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from help requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or edit the status of their active tickets, add information, and append screenshots or relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center organization by splitting delivery of Help Desk support services transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide world-class technical support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly use their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can help you to plan, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity solution that safeguards sensitive information in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and control appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, see firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers used by at-home workers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to identify new threats on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by data security experts with top credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your processes and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage system failures resulting from equipment issues, software hiccups, user error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for teleworkers must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote help from experts knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often envision circumstances that call for a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate information by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and delete corporate information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, see Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Jacksonville, Florida company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.