Expanding your remote workforce may have a major effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your San Francisco organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist San Francisco, California companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote help for both outdated as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized remote workers to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for deploying routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications might demand backup Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying ISPs, picking appropriate service packages, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to include telecommuters is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many organizations use a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your current conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist your business to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven access to data, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build secure web portals that enables at-home workforce to see and edit consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftï¿½s collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them securely through a web browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-author files. Edits made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for enabling organizations to build, manage and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure connections to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to guide you through tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's leading source of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud is a leading suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your business to use GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which could be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to track or update the status of their current trouble tickets, enter details, and append screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables your company to expand your current Help Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk services transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive team of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the number one PSA tool for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to provide world-class desktop support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Work-from-Home workers commonly utilize their own devices and usually work in an unsecured physical space. This multiplies their vulnerability to malware threats and requires judicious configuration of corporate firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, thorough user training, and the development of security policies built on best practices. Progent's veteran group of IT security support consultants can help you to plan, deploy and maintain a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards vital information assets in environments that incorporate telecommuters.
Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy security devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, refer to firewall support services.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers used by teleworkers and either block or identify and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the impacted endpoint from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are offline. To learn more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
Progent's Duo authentication service plans utilize Cisco's Duo technology to defend against compromised passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports single-tap identity confirmation on Apple iOS, Android, and other personal devices. With Duo 2FA, whenever you log into a protected online account and enter your password you are requested to verify who you are via a device that only you have and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad range of out-of-band devices can be used for this added means of authentication such as a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You may designate multiple verification devices. For details about ProSight Duo two-factor identity authentication services, visit Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to implement top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To view or download a white paper describing critical areas to concentrate on for protecting an IT environment that includes telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage system failures resulting from equipment issues, software glitches, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly envision circumstances that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist you to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for safeguarding critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and delete corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, visit Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your San Francisco, California company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.