Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Tampa organization to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Tampa, Florida businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services available from Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote workers to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online support for configuring routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Vital applications may demand backup Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the business phone environment to include remote users is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to help organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based access to data, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that permits remote workers to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced online support for helping businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy online access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to get you through challenging technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's top provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud is a leading suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify identity control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A fast, organization-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which might be the result of an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to monitor or revise the status of their current tickets, add details, and append screen captures or attachments. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows your business to expand your current Help Desk Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk services transparently between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collective support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to provide world-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can assist your organization to plan, deploy and administer a modern security environment that safeguards vital information in IT networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users and by teleworkers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and control different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older firewall appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers used by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify new threats on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with top certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your processes and governance policies and review your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical data so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, software glitches, human error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online help from experts familiar with a broad range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often anticipate circumstances that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for protecting critical data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune telecommuter device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Tampa, Florida business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.