Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Ribeirão Preto company to pick the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Ribeirão Preto, São Paulo companies to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from different vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both legacy and current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for deploying home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Line-of-business applications might require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying ISPs, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the business PBX environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to help organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help your business to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure web portals that enables at-home workforce to see and update consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to planning and configuration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftï¿½s collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can access them securely via a browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to jointly author documents. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced remote assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and optimize cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to guide you through tough IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's support services for Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline identity control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A sudden, company-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which might be driven by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or edit the status of their active tickets, enter details, and append screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to augment your current Help Desk Call Center organization by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk services seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Center service uses a collaborative support solution based on the number one professional services automation tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home (WFH) workers typically use their own devices and usually work in an unsecured physical space. This situation increases their vulnerability to malware threats and calls for careful configuration of corporate firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, intensive user training, and the creation of security policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of data security solutions consultants can help you to design, implement and manage an effective security solution that guards critical IT resources in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and control different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent supports both current and older security appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, refer to firewall integration and support services.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context from SentinelOne to identify new threats on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
Progent's Duo authentication service plans utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against compromised passwords through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo enables one-tap identity verification on iOS, Android, and other personal devices. Using Duo 2FA, whenever you sign into a protected online account and give your password you are requested to confirm your identity via a unit that only you have and that is accessed using a different network channel. A wide selection of devices can be utilized for this second form of ID validation such as a smartphone or watch, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You can designate multiple verification devices. To learn more about ProSight Duo two-factor identity validation services, visit Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by data security experts with top certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your processes and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your teleworkers.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To view or download a white paper about critical areas to focus on for protecting a network that incorporates telecommuters, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical data so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage system failures due to hardware issues, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online help from experts knowledgeable about a wide array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often envision scenarios that call for a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can help your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for safeguarding critical data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, refer to Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Ribeirão Preto, São Paulo organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.