Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Sacramento company to select the right technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Sacramento, California organizations to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote support for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for deploying routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Line-of-business processes may demand redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying Internet service providers, picking appropriate service bundles, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the corporate PBX system to include remote users is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help you to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that permits at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see planning and configuration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can retrieve them safely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-edit files. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable remote support for helping businesses to create, maintain and repair integrated hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected connections to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office apps and services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable remote access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to get you past tough technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A rapid, organization-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Center. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to monitor or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screenshots or relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex issues. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables you to augment your existing Call Center organization by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center services seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a collective support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class IT support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Telecommuters commonly use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and demands judicious deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security professionals can help your organization to design, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity environment that guards sensitive information in networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by at-home workers, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and manage appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older firewall devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers used by telecommuters and either block or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected device from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are offline. For details about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with top credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your operations and governance policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage problems due to hardware issues, programming hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate scenarios that require a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for safeguarding critical data by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share information, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, see Intune remote endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Sacramento, California company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.