Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Salt Lake City organization to select the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Salt Lake City, Utah companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for configuring routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical applications might demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the corporate PBX system to accommodate telecommuters is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a remote VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used across the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these products and
assist you to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a rich environment of applications that create a consistent user interface for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help your company to configure these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create secure portals that allows at-home workers to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to deployment consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-edit files. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced remote assistance for enabling organizations to create, manage and optimize cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are provided in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable remote access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help your business to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to get you through challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can help your business to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to use GCP's management tools to control and track your GCP environment. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A fast, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or edit the status of their current tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex issues. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to supplement your current Call Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk services transparently between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a collaborative support model utilizing the leading PSA platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class IT support to your telecommuters, see Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
At-home workers often run their own equipment and work in an unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and requires judicious deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security professionals can help your company to plan, implement and manage a modern security environment that guards vital data in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and control appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices used by at-home workers and either reject or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with top credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your operations and governance policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage problems due to equipment issues, software glitches, human error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote help from consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that require a quick switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist you to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Salt Lake City, Utah organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.