Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your San Diego organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist San Diego, California companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk services, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for setting up routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical applications might require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service bundles, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Extending the company phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is vital to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or tune a remote VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to help organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide online integration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help your business to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure web portals that permits remote workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see planning and configuration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced remote support for enabling businesses to build, manage and repair integrated network models that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, visit Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy remote access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to guide you through tough technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist you to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
An emergency, enterprise-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which could be activated by a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support specialists along with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from service requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or revise their active tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures or attachments. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables you to expand your current Help Desk team by sharing delivery of Call Desk support transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a collective support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
At-home workers commonly run their own computers and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can assist your business to plan, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity environment that guards vital data in IT networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and control appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent supports both new and older firewall appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers used by teleworkers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify new threats at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the targeted endpoint device from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your operations and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, human error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must address diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote help from experts familiar with a broad array of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically envision circumstances that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for safeguarding critical information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your telecommuters, see Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your San Diego, California company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.