Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Santa Monica
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without impeding the processes required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Santa Monica organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to counter future ransomware attacks, assist in the recovery of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves discovering and describing the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and uncovers shortcomings in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams responsible for data restoration and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect variations.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the system. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Create forensically sound duplicates of all exposed devices so your data recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey every computer and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to identify any possible sideways migration from the originally infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Santa Monica
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Santa Monica organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.