Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Sarasota company to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Sarasota, Florida organizations to with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online help for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help you to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for setting up home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical processes might require redundant Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying ISPs, selecting sensible service offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Sarasota, Florida business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.