Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Brooklyn organization to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Brooklyn, New York businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you must manage a combination of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for configuring home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business processes might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting ISPs, picking appropriate service packages, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Brooklyn, New York company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.