Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when support staff may be slower to become aware of a breach and are least able to mount a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral progress ransomware can achieve inside a target's network, the more time it takes to recover core operations and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help you to complete the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist organizations in the Sioux Falls metro area to identify and isolate breached servers and endpoints and guard clean assets from being penetrated.
If your network has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Available in Sioux Falls
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and invade any available backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and effectively knocks the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the cybercriminals behind a ransomware attack, insist on a settlement payment in exchange for the decryption tools required to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate information and TAs require an extra payment for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you can restore your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a major problem depending on the nature of the stolen information.
The restoration work after a ransomware attack involves several distinct stages, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the response team has a sufficient number of people with the required experience.
- Quarantine: This urgent initial response requires blocking the lateral spread of ransomware within your network. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to run unrestricted, the longer and more expensive the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response experts. Containment activities consist of cutting off infected endpoints from the rest of network to minimize the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This covers restoring the network to a basic useful degree of capability with the shortest possible delay. This effort is usually the top priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as an existential issue for their business. This activity also requires the widest range of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network topology, and secure endpoint access. Progent's recovery team uses advanced collaboration tools to organize the complicated restoration process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's management and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to get essential services back online as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to restore data impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the network, the number of files that are affected, and which recovery techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can take down critical databases which, if not properly shut down, may need to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many ERP and other mission-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to find clean data. For instance, undamaged OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on staff desktop computers and laptops that were not connected at the time of the assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can help you to utilize immutable backup for cloud storage, enabling tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by any user including root users. Immutable storage provides an extra level of security and recoverability in case of a ransomware breach.
- Implementing modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the same anti-virus technology implemented by many of the world's biggest enterprises including Walmart, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware blocking, identification, containment, recovery and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts TCO, streamlines management, and expedites recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Activities consist of establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryption tool; troubleshooting failed files; creating a clean environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-encryption condition; and recovering machines and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves uncovering the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps you to evaluate the impact and brings to light weaknesses in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for changes. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes like business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Services in Sioux Falls
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Sioux Falls area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.