Mid-size companies with 50-250 network users can usually benefit from an IT service strategy based on co-sourcing, that is, relying on internal IT personnel for day-to-day network management issues and utilizing external consultants to receive advanced support when necessary. Small to medium-size companies can now have all the benefits of System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) ó such as maximum system uptime, performance, and protection ó and also have reliable access to Progentís Microsoft certified service professionals. With Progent's economically priced IT support packages, businesses can choose a standard co-sourcing program based on System Center Operations Manager with monitoring, notification, analytics, Help Desk Call Center, and on-site service, or a comprehensive 24x7x365 support package.
SCOM proactively monitors event records and performance thresholds from strategic servers and applications and analyzes this information based on an extensive built-in service database. When SCOM uncovers a problem, the software executes special corrective routines or generates alerts to notify designated support people. SCOM also produces trend reports so IT managers can track the health of your information network. Familiarity with SCOM and skill in computer system support makes it possible for Progent to provide information technology co-sourcing and outsourcing packages that are both budget friendly and impactful.
Progent offers mid-sized businesses two basic outsourcing service packages built on Microsoft System Center Operations Manager:
For an Acrobat PDF datasheet detailing Progent's Operations Manager-based Network Monitoring options for mid-size businesses, click:
Network Monitoring Packages .
Managed Network Monitoring
If your business has a small internal IT staff, this co-sourcing service program is an economical way to maximize network stability, throughput, and security.
Important features of Progent's Managed Network Monitoring Package include:
- Progent performs a needs evaluation and installs System Center Operations Manager
- Progent sets up a remote SCOM server to monitor your designated servers
- Service is provided during normal office hours
- Progent's Help Desk support works in conjunction with SCOM
- SCOM alerts are sent to the Progent Help Desk and to primary and secondary Progent network consultants and copied to your designated IT personnel
- Progent's Helpdesk establishes tickets for all events and oversees the remediation of problems
- Progent's Help Desk escalates technical help as needed
- Your in-house support group is sent all status data
- Progent remotely monitors, diagnoses, and/or fixes problems
- On-site support escalation is provided if problems canít be resolved remotely
- Service Level Agreements are negotiated
- All tickets are terminated with detailed resolution
- Progent provides normal network maintenance including installation of service packs and security upgrades
- Computers and network appliances must be covered by manufacturer's on-location warranty service
- Progent recommends that you base your environment on Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 Server or later to optimize system reliability and protection
Typical Service Level Agreements are:
- 1 hour to Help Desk Call Center contact
- 2 hours to initiation of analysis by a Progent engineer, either remotely or by phone
- 4 hours for on-location support when help request is received before 1PM, otherwise, the following business in the AM
Comprehensive Network Monitoring
For medium-size businesses who need enterprise-level network support but cannot afford the expense of staffing, provisioning, and administering a large internal IT group, Progent's Comprehensive Network Monitoring service program offers 24x7 availability and security for line-of-business applications at affordable cost and minimal management hassle.
Main aspects of Progent's Comprehensive Network Monitoring Package are:
- All components of the Managed Network Monitoring Package including Server Management, Reporting, Help Desk, and On-site support
- Designed for mission critical eCommerce, international connectivity, or other high-uptime environments
- 24x7 service
- Your IT system must have a basic degree of high-availability architecture. Progent can help your business to upgrade your system to a high-availability architecture before 24x7 services commence
- Contracted SLAs with specified off-hours service guarantees
- Progent's support staff will be equipped to repair trouble on-site or online without the involvement of your in-house support staff
Prices for Progent's Outsourcing Packages
Prices for Progent's Network Monitoring Service Programs are determined by the number of servers being tracked and the service level required by your company. To learn more, contact your Progent service representative.
To find out more about Microsoft System Center Operations Manager and how Progent can assist your company to achieve enterprise-class network management by deploying this powerful technology, select one of these topics:
For additional details about Progent's Network Support Service Programs, call 1-800-993-9400
or visit Contact Progent.
Progent Corporation. All rights reserved.
More topics of interest: