Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Huntington Beach company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Huntington Beach, California companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you have to manage a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote help for both outdated and current IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to access IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for integrating home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical processes may require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business PBX system to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or tune a remote IP voice service that delivers the versatility, transparency and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide online integration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to data, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that enables at-home workers to view and edit consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit deployment consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can retrieve them safely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to jointly author documents. Edits made offline are uploaded when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide advanced remote assistance for helping organizations to build, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent offers fast and easy online access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help your business to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to guide you through challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's support services for Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network model so your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your business to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A fast, company-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which could be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists along with world-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or edit their current tickets, add details, and append screen captures or attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to expand your existing Call Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Call Center support services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one PSA platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide world-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Remote workers often use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and requires careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can assist your organization to plan, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that guards critical data in networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and control appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, refer to firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate devices used by remote workers and either reject or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify new attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are offline. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory software for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with top certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your operations and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, software glitches, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote help from consultants familiar with a wide array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often envision scenarios that call for a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist you to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for protecting corporate data by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your teleworkers, refer to Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Huntington Beach, California business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.