Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Irvine organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Irvine, California organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote support for both outdated as well as current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for setting up routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical processes may demand backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the business phone environment to include remote users is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a remote VoIP service that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that permits at-home workforce to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to planning and configuration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-author files. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced online assistance for helping businesses to create, maintain and optimize integrated hybrid network models that incorporate physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure access to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to assess the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to get you through tough IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help you to use GCP's management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A sudden, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC support from service requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or edit their current trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced problems. To learn more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables you to augment your current Call Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk support services transparently between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide world-class desktop support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
At-home workers often use their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to plan, implement and administer a compliant security environment that safeguards vital information in IT networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control different permissions to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older security devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, visit firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by teleworkers and either block or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and local security attacks for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with top credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage problems resulting from equipment issues, software glitches, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online help from consultants familiar with a broad range of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision scenarios that call for a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for protecting critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share information, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, go to Intune teleworker device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Irvine, California organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.