Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Oklahoma CIty organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Oklahoma CIty, Oklahoma organizations to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online support for both legacy and current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for deploying home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business processes may demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the business phone system to accommodate teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and provide as-needed deployment and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of video conferencing products from major vendors enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can help you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that allows remote workers to see and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can share them safely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-author documents. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced remote assistance for enabling organizations to create, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy online contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to guide you past tough IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your key apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist you to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your GCP environment. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
An emergency, enterprise-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which might be the result of an epidemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to monitor or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables your business to supplement your existing Call Desk organization by sharing delivery of Call Center support services seamlessly between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service uses a collective support solution based on the number one professional services automation platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
At-home workers often use their own computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and requires careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can assist your business to plan, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards critical information in networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support services, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect new attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and internal security attacks for a network that includes teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory software for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by data security experts with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your processes and governance policies and assess your WAN architecture to allow you to design the highest level of security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical information in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants familiar with a broad array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision scenarios that require a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist you to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Oklahoma CIty, Oklahoma company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.