Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your St. Louis organization to select the right tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help St. Louis, Missouri businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you must manage a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online support for deploying routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business processes might require redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the corporate phone environment to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the versatility, transparency and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to help businesses tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven access to content, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected portals that allows remote workers to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable remote support for enabling businesses to create, manage and repair cohesive network models that incorporate physical data centers, remote workers, branches, and cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers more than 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to get you past challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top provider of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-uptime network model so your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist you to use GCP's management technology to control and monitor your GCP environment. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
A fast, company-wide switchover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity process, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online technical support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to monitor or edit the status of their current trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables you to augment your existing Call Center organization by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk services transparently between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the leading professional services automation tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class IT support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Teleworkers commonly use their personal computers and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for judicious use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your company to plan, implement and administer a compliant security solution that guards sensitive information in networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage appropriate permissions to various classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices utilized by remote workers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of external and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates remote workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with top credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your processes and policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, human mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote help from experts knowledgeable about a broad range of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate scenarios that call for a quick switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for protecting critical data by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how telecommuters share information, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, go to Intune teleworker device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your St. Louis, Missouri business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.