Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Stamford organization to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Stamford, Connecticut businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated and current technologies in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for configuring routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Vital applications might require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying ISPs, selecting sensible service bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Stamford, Connecticut company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.