Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Knoxville company to select the right tools and follow best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Knoxville, Tennessee organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online support for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for setting up routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Line-of-business processes may demand backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying Internet service providers, picking appropriate service bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Knoxville, Tennessee business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.