Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Ontario company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Ontario, California companies to with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially complex if you must manage a mix of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authorized remote workers to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for setting up home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing services like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Vital applications may require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking service providers, picking sensible service bundles, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the business PBX system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online deployment and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that permits at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can access them securely via a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-edit files. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for enabling organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers fast and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to guide you past tough technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your business to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist you to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
An emergency, organization-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which could be driven by an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations to outsource or expand their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to monitor or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced issues. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to supplement your current Support Desk staff by splitting delivery of Call Desk support transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide world-class desktop support to your telecommuters, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Remote workers often use their personal computers and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires careful deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your company to design, deploy and administer a compliant security environment that protects vital data in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different permissions to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers used by remote workers and either reject or identify and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and local security attacks for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by security experts with advanced certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your procedures and policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical data so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage system failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly anticipate circumstances that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can help your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for protecting critical data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share data, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Ontario, California organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.