Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Lower Manhattan company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Lower Manhattan, New York organizations to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote help for both outdated and modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for setting up home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Line-of-business processes might require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating redundant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate phone environment to include remote users is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that enables presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that allows remote workers to view and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them safely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide advanced online support for helping organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network models that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to guide you past tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which could be driven by a pandemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts along with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to track or edit the status of their active tickets, enter details, and append screen captures and relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced issues. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to augment your existing Call Center team by sharing delivery of Call Center services seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one PSA tool for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Teleworkers often use their personal computers and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can assist your company to design, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards vital data in IT networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and older security appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, refer to firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate devices used by at-home workers and either block or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to detect new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by security experts with advanced certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your workflows and policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage system problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, human error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online help from consultants familiar with a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often anticipate circumstances that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can assist your business to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for protecting critical data by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Lower Manhattan, New York organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.