Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Buffalo company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Buffalo, New York businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for integrating home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications might require backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to include remote users is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your current conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that allows at-home workforce to view and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to planning and configuration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them securely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-edit documents. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable remote support for enabling organizations to create, manage and optimize cohesive network models that incorporate physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, see Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers fast and easy remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional help to get you through challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your organization to use GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A rapid, enterprise-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which might be driven by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to monitor or update their current trouble tickets, enter details, and append screenshots or attachments. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex issues. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables you to supplement your current Support Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Call Center support seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a collective support model based on the leading PSA platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers often use their personal computers and work in an unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your company to plan, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity environment that safeguards vital information in IT networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices used by at-home workers and either block or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to identify new threats on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by security experts with advanced credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your operations and policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to design top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage failures due to hardware issues, programming hiccups, human mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote access to consultants familiar with a wide array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly envision scenarios that call for a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for safeguarding corporate information by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune mobile device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Buffalo, New York business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.