Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your San Diego UCSD company to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist San Diego UCSD, California organizations to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for configuring routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical processes may require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting Internet service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the company PBX system to accommodate telecommuters is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to help businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. CUCM supports other combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed integration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to data, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build protected portals that allows at-home workforce to view and update aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can share them safely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to jointly author documents. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced online assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and repair integrated network models that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to guide you past tough technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's top provider of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist you to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A fast, organization-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or update the status of their current tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced problems. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to expand your current Help Desk Call Center organization by splitting delivery of Help Desk support transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collaborative support solution based on the leading PSA platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Teleworkers often run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands judicious deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can assist your business to plan, implement and administer a modern security solution that protects sensitive information in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and control appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both current and older firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, visit firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the infected endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by security professionals with top certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your processes and policies and review your network infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online access to experts knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate circumstances that call for a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your business to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for safeguarding critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the devices of your telecommuters, see Intune remote device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your San Diego UCSD, California organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.