Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to design, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your San Diego UCSD company to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist San Diego UCSD, California businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated and current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical processes might require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, selecting sensible service packages, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the business PBX environment to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are popular with SMBs to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of applications that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that permits remote workers to view and edit consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftï¿½s collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them securely via a browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable online support for enabling businesses to create, manage and optimize integrated network architectures that combine physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected connections to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to guide you through tough technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's biggest source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your key apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline access control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help you to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your GCP environment. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
An emergency, enterprise-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which might be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online technical support specialists along with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to check or update the status of their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex problems. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to supplement your current Support Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center services seamlessly between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support solution based on the number one PSA tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your at-home workforce, see Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Work-from-Home (WFH) staff members commonly use their own computers and often operate in an unsecured physical space. This increases their vulnerability to malware attacks and requires careful configuration of corporate firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, extensive user training, and the creation of security policies built on leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of cybersecurity support consultants can assist your business to plan, configure and manage a compliant security solution that guards vital information resources in environments that incorporate remote workers.
Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different permissions to different groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall support expertise.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate devices utilized by telecommuters and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
Progent's Duo MFA services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against stolen passwords by using two-factor authentication. Duo enables single-tap identity verification with iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. With Duo 2FA, when you log into a secured online account and enter your password you are asked to confirm who you are via a unit that only you have and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide range of out-of-band devices can be utilized for this second form of authentication including a smartphone or watch, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You can designate multiple verification devices. To learn more about ProSight Duo identity validation services, refer to Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates remote workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by security professionals with top certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your operations and policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To view or download a white paper describing critical areas to concentrate on for securing a network that supports work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage system failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, user error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate circumstances that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help you to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for protecting corporate data by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and wipe corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your teleworkers, go to Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your San Diego UCSD, California organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.