Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way through a target network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when IT personnel may be slower to recognize a penetration and are less able to organize a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware can achieve inside a target's system, the more time it takes to restore core operations and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist organizations to complete the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Vacaville area to identify and quarantine breached devices and guard clean resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Vacaville
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and invade any available system restores. Files synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended network, this can make automated recovery almost impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, demand a ransom payment for the decryptors required to recover scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate files and TAs demand an additional ransom in exchange for not posting this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your network to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big problem depending on the nature of the downloaded data.
The recovery work after a ransomware attack has a number of crucial stages, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response team has enough people with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent initial step involves blocking the sideways spread of the attack across your network. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to run unchecked, the longer and more costly the recovery process. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery engineers. Quarantine activities include isolating affected endpoints from the rest of network to block the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers restoring the IT system to a minimal acceptable degree of capability with the shortest possible delay. This effort is typically the top priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also demands the widest array of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical apps, network architecture, and protected endpoint access. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to coordinate the complex restoration effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's management and network support group to prioritize activity and to get critical services on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to recover files damaged by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the network, how many files are encrypted, and which restore techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can take down pivotal databases which, if not gracefully closed, might need to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many financial and other mission-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to locate undamaged data. For instance, undamaged OST files may exist on staff PCs and laptops that were off line during the attack.
- Setting up modern AV/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the identical AV tools used by some of the world's largest corporations such as Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware filtering, identification, containment, restoration and forensics in a single integrated platform, ProSight ASM cuts TCO, streamlines management, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This requires working closely with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Services consist of establishing the kind of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and using the decryptor tool; debugging failed files; building a pristine environment; mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state; and recovering physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves uncovering the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to assess the impact and brings to light vulnerabilities in policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as business continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of IT and data security professionals with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting Services in Vacaville
For ransomware system recovery expertise in the Vacaville area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.