Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel are likely to be slower to recognize a penetration and are less able to organize a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to achieve within a victim's system, the more time it takes to restore core IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide you to complete the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware expert can assist businesses in the Vacaville metro area to identify and isolate infected devices and guard undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Vacaville
Current variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online files and invade any available system restores and backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and effectively knocks the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, demand a settlement payment in exchange for the decryptors required to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers demand an extra settlement for not publishing this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your system to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem depending on the sensitivity of the downloaded data.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware attack involves a number of crucial phases, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response workgroup has enough members with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent first response requires arresting the sideways spread of the attack across your network. The more time a ransomware assault is permitted to go unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Containment processes include isolating infected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a basic useful level of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is typically the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This activity also demands the broadest array of IT abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network topology, and protected remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to organize the multi-faceted restoration process. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's managers and network support group to prioritize tasks and to put essential services back online as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to restore files damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the network, the number of files that are affected, and which recovery techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy critical databases which, if not carefully closed, might need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on AD, and many financial and other business-critical platforms are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to locate clean data. For example, undamaged OST files may exist on staff desktop computers and laptops that were not connected at the time of the attack.
- Setting up modern antivirus/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM offers small and mid-sized businesses the benefits of the identical AV tools deployed by some of the world's largest enterprises such as Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware filtering, identification, containment, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM reduces TCO, simplifies management, and promotes rapid recovery. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Activities consist of determining the kind of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement and timeline with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryptor utility; debugging decryption problems; building a pristine environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption state; and restoring physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and uncovers shortcomings in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for changes. Forensic analysis is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other key activities like business continuity are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting in Vacaville
For ransomware system recovery services in the Vacaville area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.