Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when IT staff may be slower to become aware of a break-in and are least able to organize a quick and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage within a target's system, the more time it takes to recover core operations and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide you to take the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware engineer can help businesses in the Vacaville area to identify and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and guard clean resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Available in Vacaville
Current variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and infiltrate any available system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and basically sets the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a settlement payment for the decryption tools required to recover scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs demand an extra payment for not publishing this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a major problem depending on the nature of the downloaded data.
The recovery process subsequent to ransomware penetration has several crucial phases, most of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery team has a sufficient number of members with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This urgent first response requires arresting the sideways spread of ransomware within your network. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to run unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine activities include isolating affected endpoints from the rest of network to restrict the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a minimal useful level of capability with the least delay. This process is usually at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as an existential issue for their business. This project also requires the widest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network topology, and protected remote access. Progent's recovery experts use advanced collaboration tools to organize the complex restoration effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's managers and network support group to prioritize activity and to put critical services back online as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to recover files damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can destroy critical databases which, if not gracefully closed, might need to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many ERP and other business-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to find clean data. For example, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on staff PCs and laptops that were not connected during the ransomware attack.
- Deploying modern antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring offers small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the identical AV technology implemented by some of the world's largest enterprises including Walmart, Visa, and NASDAQ. By delivering in-line malware blocking, classification, mitigation, recovery and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and promotes rapid recovery. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Activities consist of establishing the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and schedule with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; receiving, learning, and using the decryptor utility; debugging decryption problems; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting drives to match exactly their pre-encryption state; and restoring machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves discovering the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists you to assess the damage and uncovers gaps in security policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect variations. Forensics is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Services in Vacaville
For ransomware system recovery consulting in the Vacaville metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.