Expanding your remote workforce may have a major effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Walnut Creek company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Walnut Creek, California companies to with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a mix of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote help for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for setting up home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical processes might demand backup Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, picking sensible service packages, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the corporate PBX system to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a rich environment of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that permits remote workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-author files. Edits created offline are synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to build, maintain and optimize cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional help to guide you past challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A sudden, company-wide transition to a from-home business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or edit the status of their active trouble tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables you to augment your existing Call Center team by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk services seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading PSA tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class desktop support to your telecommuters, go to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters often use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your company to design, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that protects vital data in networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and manage different access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers used by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are offline. To learn more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and internal security threats for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory software for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your operations and policies and assess your IT architecture to enable you to implement top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online access to experts knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically envision circumstances that call for a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can assist your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for protecting critical information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the devices of your teleworkers, see Intune telecommuter device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Walnut Creek, California organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.