Introduction to Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server
Microsoft's Windows 2K Server builds on the strong design of Windows NT technology, integrating standards-based directory, application, communications, file, and printing services with proven reliability, easy manageability, and support for the cost-effective network hardware to offer a stable basis for integrating your business with the Internet.
Advantages of Microsoft's Windows 2K Server Unavailable on Microsoft's Windows NT
Microsoft's Windows Server 2000 provides a wide range of powerful features unavailable on Windows NT systems. Highlights include:
- Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server, Windows Advanced Server, and Microsoft's Windows Datacenter Server are the basis for all .NET application servers.
- Microsoft's Windows Server 2000 adds to the core stability of Microsoft's Windows NT operating system that was initially published in 1993, and which powers millions of applications globally.
- Greatly reduced support costs due to the ability to power PCs, laptops and servers with the same underlying OS platform.
- Management and system protection tools to reduce the cost and enhance the reliability of Microsoft Windows 2K and Windows XP desktop workstations by utilizing centralized user policies, rights and configurations. Keeping unauthorized users from installing programs on their notebook or workstation, or even prohibiting them from web connectivity for users that have no business with such tools, can be a huge productivity advantage for both
your clients and your IT services group.
- Compared to prior releases of Windows, such as Windows 98, Windows 2000 Server is a very stable environment to host line-of-business programs.
- An integrated protection and password design that is founded on a cohesive directory structure allows seamless and secure connectivity for onsite users, mobile or remote users, telecommuters, and web users.
- Significantly improved server and workstation management tools that ease the burden of supporting servers and desktops, freeing IT resources to enhance the service quality and attentiveness to clients.
- Broad hardware and software compatibility as a result of being the “Standard” operating system.
- Excellent accommodation for off-site access users, telecommuters, and virtual clients, and particularly for users that are often at the office but need the identical degree of productivity when they are on the road. Functions such as offline server folders allow users seamless availability of data even when they are not connected.
- service continuity functionality, including disk mirroring, distributed file system, and server clustering, increase server uptime and worker efficiency.
How Progent's Consultants Can Assist You with Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server
Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants can help you to manage and support your current Windows 2000 Servers. However, because Microsoft has terminated support for Windows Server 2000, it is important to think about upgrading to an up-to-date release of Windows Server. Progent can provide affordable Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 migration assistance or Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration. Progent is experienced in managing pilot labs to lower the technical risk of migrating to Microsoft Windows Servers by identifying potential hardware and software compatibility problems. Also, Progent can give you access to CISSP and CISM qualified security consultants to evaluate your current network security and propose company-wide policies, operational improvements and products to increase your security.
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Technology
For organizations of any size in the San Francisco area or elsewhere in the United States, Progent's Microsoft-authorized consultants offer low-cost online computer assistance and professional consulting services for the entire family of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers. Progent can provide Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud solutions, Windows Server 2012 R2 deployment support, Windows 2008 Server consulting, and Windows 2003 Server maintenance. Progent's migration, installation, optimization, and support services include system design, deployment, and management help for
project management and documentation, on-site and remote
technical support and system repair,
Help Desk Outsourcing Support, certified
security expertise, turn-key
outsourcing, Microsoft Exchange Server hosting, and ProSight Virtual Hosting.
Progent also offers a broad range of remote desktop support such as Windows 10 planning support, Microsoft Windows 8.1 consulting expertise, Microsoft Windows 7 support, preparing for to 64-bit computing, Office desktop and Office 365 collaboration support, and automating PC desktop image creation.
If your business needs immediate online help from a certified network expert, visit Progent's Emergency Online Computer Support.
Find out more about Progent's Support Services for Microsoft Server Products.
If you wish to get in touch with Progent concerning engineering support for Windows Server integration, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.