Introduction to Windows Server 2000
Windows 2000 Server builds on the strong design of Windows NT technology, integrating standards-based directory, application, networking, file, and print services with high stability, easy manageability, and compatibility with the mainstream network appliances to provide dependable basis for interfacing your business with the Internet.
Advantages of Windows 2000 Server Unavailable on Windows NT
Windows Server 2000 provides a wide range of powerful functions not available on Microsoft's Windows NT systems. Highlights include:
- Windows 2000 Server, Windows Advanced Server, and Microsoft's Windows Datacenter Server are the basis for all .NET servers.
- Microsoft's Windows Server 2000 builds upon the fundamental dependability of the Windows NT OS platform that was initially released in 1993, and is used in hundreds of millions of applications worldwide.
- Significantly lowered management expense due to the ability to power desktop computers, laptops and servers with the identical underlying operating system.
- Administration and security tools to reduce the cost and improve the reliability of Windows 2K and Windows XP desktop workstations by using centralized user policies, rights and setups. Restraining unauthorized users from putting programs on their laptop or desktop PC, or even prohibiting them from web connectivity for workers that have no business with such tools, can be a huge productivity gain for both
your clients and your IT support staff.
- Compared to prior generations of Windows, such as Windows NT, Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server is a very robust platform to host applications.
- An integrated protection and password design that is founded on a uniform directory architecture allows transparent and safe access for onsite users, mobile or off-site users, at-home workers, and web users.
- Greatly enhanced server and workstation administrative tools that reduce the hassle of supporting servers and workstations, freeing support staff personnel to improve the service level and attentiveness to clients.
- Extensive hardware and application compatibility thanks to being the most widely used OS.
- Excellent accommodation for remote access users, telecommuters, and virtual clients, and particularly for users that are sometimes at the office but need the same level of efficiency when they are mobile. Functions such as offline server folders give clients transparent access to data even when they are not connected.
- service continuity features, such as disk mirroring, distributed file system, and server clustering, maximize server uptime and user productivity.
How Progent's Experts Can Help You with Windows 2000 Server
Progent's Microsoft-qualified engineers can assist you to manage and support your current Windows 2K Servers. However, because Microsoft has ended all support for Windows Server 2000, it makes sense to consider upgrading to an up-to-date release of Windows Server. Progent can provide affordable Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 migration assistance, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud solutions, or Windows Server 2019 migration services. Progent is experienced in managing pilot programs to reduce the technical risk of migrating to Windows Servers by identifying possible system compatibility issues. Also, Progent can give you access to CISM, CISSP and CISA certified security consultants to evaluate your current network security and suggest company-wide policies, procedures and products to increase your security.
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Technology
For businesses of any size in the Northern California region or anywhere in the United States, Progent's Microsoft-certified experts offer affordable online network help and professional consulting services for the entire family of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers. Progent can deliver Windows Server 2019 upgrade expertise, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 planning help, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 consulting, and Microsoft Windows Server 2003 maintenance. Progent's migration, integration, update, and support capabilities cover system architecture, deployment, and administration help for
project management and documentation, on-site and remote
IT support and system repair,
Help Desk Outsourcing Support, certified
security consulting, turn-key
outsourcing, Exchange hosting and management, and ProSight Virtual Hosting service.
Progent also offers a broad array of online desktop consulting and support services such as Windows 10 migration support, Windows 8.1 expertise, Microsoft Windows 7 support, preparing for to 64-bit computing, Microsoft Office and Office 365 collaboration support, and streamlining Business Desktop Deployment.
In case your business needs immediate remote help from a certified engineer, go to Progent's Emergency Remote Computer Help.
Find out more about Progent's Support Services for Microsoft Server Products.
To contact Progent about technical expertise for Microsoft Windows Server integration, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.