Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Sherman Oaks company to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Sherman Oaks, California organizations to with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authorized remote employees to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for setting up routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business applications may require backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying Internet service providers, choosing appropriate service offerings, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Extending the corporate phone system to accommodate telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build secure portals that permits at-home workers to view and update consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them safely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for enabling organizations to create, maintain and repair integrated hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Azure, see Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to get you through tough IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture so your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A fast, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screen captures or attachments. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows your business to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center organization by sharing delivery of Call Center support services transparently between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collaborative support model based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class technical support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Telecommuters often run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for judicious use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to plan, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that safeguards critical data in IT networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different permissions to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both current and older firewall appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices utilized by remote workers and either block or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by security professionals with top credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to design top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage system problems due to hardware issues, software hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate scenarios that require a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your business to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for protecting critical data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share information, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Sherman Oaks, California organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.