Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Naples company to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Naples, Florida organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for configuring routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing services like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Business-critical applications might require redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, choosing sensible service packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the corporate PBX system to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or tune a remote IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver on-demand integration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can assist businesses to configure these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure web portals that enables remote workers to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-edit files. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for helping organizations to build, manage and repair cohesive network models that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for users ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy online access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to guide you past tough IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your organization to use GCP's management technology to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
An emergency, enterprise-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to monitor or update their active tickets, enter details, and append screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced problems. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to supplement your current Support Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Call Center support seamlessly between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive pool of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Telecommuters commonly use their personal computers and work in an unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and demands judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can assist your business to design, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that guards vital data in IT networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be securely accessed by local users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older security appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers utilized by remote workers and either block or spot and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to detect new attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by network security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital data so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage system problems due to hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for teleworkers must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote access to experts knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help you to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for protecting corporate information by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Naples, Florida business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.