Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Kansas City company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Kansas City, Missouri companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated and modern technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online support for integrating home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical processes might require backup Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting Internet service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Kansas City, Missouri business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.