Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Fort Myers company to pick the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services that go from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Fort Myers, Florida companies to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can help you to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for deploying home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical processes may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking ISPs, selecting appropriate service offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to include remote users is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are popular with SMBs to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a remote IP voice environment that provides the versatility, transparency and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. CUCM supports other combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and deliver online deployment and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can help you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support services for Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help you to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that allows at-home workers to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, visit deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can access them safely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-edit documents. Edits made offline are synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide advanced online assistance for enabling organizations to create, manage and optimize cohesive network models that combine internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure access to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to get you through tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your business to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-availability network model so your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a leading collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist you to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your GCP environment. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A rapid, organization-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC support from service requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to track or revise the status of their current tickets, add details, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to supplement your existing Support Desk team by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center support seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a collaborative support solution based on the leading professional services automation tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide world-class desktop support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Telecommuters often use their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can assist your company to plan, implement and administer a modern security solution that safeguards critical information in IT networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and manage different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and older security appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers utilized by telecommuters and either reject or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates remote workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis software for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital data so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage system problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, software glitches, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision circumstances that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help your business to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate information by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, see Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Fort Myers, Florida organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.