Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Phoenix organization to pick the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Phoenix, Arizona organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote workers to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for configuring home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Business-critical applications might require backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the business PBX system to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the versatility, convenience and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online deployment and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help your business to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure web portals that allows remote workers to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to jointly author documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for helping businesses to create, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers over 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure access to Azure for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, formerly called Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to guide you through tough IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your key apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your business to use GCP's management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or edit the status of their active trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex issues. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows your business to augment your existing Help Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support seamlessly between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class technical support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
At-home workers typically use their own computers and often work in a poorly secured physical environment. This multiplies their vulnerability to malware attacks and calls for careful configuration of firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, thorough end-user education, and the creation of security policies built on leading practices. Progent's veteran group of cybersecurity solutions consultants can assist you to plan, configure and maintain a compliant security solution that protects critical information resources in environments that include at-home workers.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and manage different access rights to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall support services.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers utilized by remote workers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology from SentinelOne to detect new threats at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the infected endpoint device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. To learn more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo MFA services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against stolen passwords through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo enables one-tap identity confirmation with Apple iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using Duo 2FA, when you sign into a secured online account and give your password you are requested to verify who you are via a device that only you possess and that uses a separate network channel. A wide selection of out-of-band devices can be utilized for this second form of ID validation such as a smartphone or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You can designate multiple verification devices. To learn more about ProSight Duo two-factor identity validation services, go to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and local security threats for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis software for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by security professionals with top certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your operations and policies and assess your network architecture to allow you to implement top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home Environment
To read or download a white paper about key areas to concentrate on for securing a network that supports telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online access to consultants familiar with a broad range of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically envision circumstances that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for safeguarding corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To learn about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune mobile endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Phoenix, Arizona company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.