Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Bellevue organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Bellevue, Washington businesses to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote support for configuring routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by delivering services like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical processes might require redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing appropriate service offerings, and configuring redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Remote Workers
Extending the corporate phone system to accommodate remote users is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or maintain a remote IP voice service that delivers the versatility, transparency and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide online configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user experience for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based access to content, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that allows remote workforce to view and update consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to deployment consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for helping organizations to build, manage and repair cohesive network models that combine internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to get you through challenging IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, see Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-availability network model so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A sudden, organization-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Call Center. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or update their current trouble tickets, add information, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to supplement your current Support Desk organization by sharing delivery of Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collaborative support model utilizing the leading PSA platform for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Remote workers often use their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your company to design, deploy and manage a modern security environment that protects vital data in networks that include telecommuters.
Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and control appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older security devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, go to firewall integration and support services.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect new threats on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by security experts with advanced credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your operations and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to design top-level security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital data so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage system problems due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, human mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online access to experts familiar with a wide array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision circumstances that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified solution for safeguarding corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To find out about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, see Intune mobile endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Bellevue, Washington organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.