Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to design, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Midland organization to select the right tools and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Midland, Texas organizations to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for setting up home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and security problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical applications may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Midland, Texas business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.