Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Southlake company to select the right tools and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Southlake, Texas businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for deploying routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and security problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing services like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical processes may require backup Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for identifying service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate phone environment to include remote users is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of video conferencing products from major technology companies enable virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist businesses to tune these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to data, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected portals that enables at-home workers to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can retrieve them safely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-author files. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and optimize integrated hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features over one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to get you past challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can help your organization to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network model so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and track your GCP environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A fast, company-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive network of online technical support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to track or update their active tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots and attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service allows your company to augment your current Help Desk Call Center team by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one PSA tool for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Teleworkers often run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can help your organization to design, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that safeguards vital data in networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and control appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent supports both new and older security appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support expertise, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices used by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced AI technology to detect new attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the infected device from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security professionals with top credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your procedures and policies and review your network architecture to allow you to design top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage problems due to hardware issues, programming hiccups, user error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online help from consultants familiar with a broad range of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically anticipate circumstances that require a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for protecting corporate information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and wipe corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, see Intune teleworker endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Southlake, Texas organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.