Progent: Consulting Experts for Apple macOS, OS X and iOS Technology
Progent's consultants can provide Apple Mac, iPhone and iPad users a variety of services including desktop support, migration to the latest version of macOS, iPhone and iPad integration, moving resources to Apple iCloud services, help with Mac applications, security and connectivity consulting, integration with Windows networks, and one-on-one training. For business networks based exclusively on macOS and Mac OS X or for environments incorporating a mix of Mac, Linux and Windows-powered servers and workstations, Progent has the experience and depth to deal with the complexity of designing, configuring and maintaining a network infrastructure that is reliable, safe, efficient and aligned with your business objectives.
Whether your small business needs a tech support expert, IT consultant, or systems engineer, Progent is the smart choice for computer help with
email migration and support, security and virus protection,
Help Desk Outsourcing Support,
project planning and documentation, and
Traditional delivery of IT support services to small businesses is based on the efforts of a local on-site consultant on whom a client company relies for virtually all network assistance. This on-site model is fraught with problems due to the absence of a complementary remote support organization. Many issues that could be resolved immediately via a skilled team of remote support engineers are often unnecessarily prolonged while waiting for a local consultant to show up in person. The resulting losses in productivity are often compounded by a cost structure that typically requires minimum on-site charges that can turn a 10-minute problem into a 2-hour expense. Progentís business model of billing by the minute and charging only for service actually delivered allows Progentís remote support experts to solve hundreds of small problems daily at the lowest possible cost. Further, the confidence of having ready access to a large team of technical professionals opens the door to a new realm of powerful IT solutions that many small organizations might otherwise shy away from for fear of having inadequate support resources.
Backed by Popular Demand
The complexities of todayís office network infrastructures combined with competition for dependable local talent has motivated companies to seek new avenues for obtaining the support they need to build and maintain productive, secure and reliable information systems. Thousands of businesses have entrusted their IT support needs to Progentís engineers who specialize in providing affordable, enterprise-level expertise to small businesses. Progent has delivered remote support to customers in all 50 US states, Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, Bahamas, Grand Cayman, England, Australia, Barbados, and St. Thomas. Remote support tools and high-speed Internet connectivity have matured to the point that there are very few IT support tasks that cannot be performed remotely.
Progentís Value Proposition
Progent has built a team of top technology experts across the US, Canada, and Europe. Many IT support organizations have pursued a path of cost reduction by outsourcing expertise to countries where labor is cheap but where language and cultural barriers pose significant challenges to providing effective support. Progent has succeeded by leveraging
a proven, state-of-the art virtual office infrastructure and an efficient remote support model to provide one of the best value propositions available to small businesses. Progentís engineers know how to work effectively with a companyís in-house support personnel to deliver fast solutions that minimize both consulting fees and lost productivity due to network downtime.
A Model of Efficient Support
Progent's team of 80+ engineers includes IT generalists together with subject matter experts, making it possible for clients to get the most expedient, efficient, and cost effective IT support possible. Rather than having IT generalists flail around with niche technologies with they may have little expertise, Progent's engineers can call upon seasoned consultants who can draw upon their deep technical knowledge to deal with complex problems and who follow industry best practices to provide solutions that represent a solid foundation for todayís requirements and for future growth.
Key Facts About Progent
If your business needs IT consulting services:
- Progent's Help Desk specialists in Apple technology and Microsoft-certified consultants can help you incorporate Mac computers powered by Apple's latest operating system into your Windows network. Progent's consultants can help you build and maintain a secure, robust network and communications infrastructure in which Macs and Window-based computers coexist.
- Progent's Mac networking consultants can help you with a broad range of network infrastructure issues including system architecture, remote and mobile connectivity, internetwork compatibility, security, and emerging technologies such as Voice over IP and high-speed wireless connectivity. Progent can help you deploy Appleís Xserve enterprise servers, Xserve RAID fault-tolerant storage systems, and Xsan storage area network (SAN) solution. Progent can also provide certified experts to support Cisco routers and switches.
- Progent's Mac experts can support the creative aspect of the Macintosh environments by offering consulting services and training in graphics, audio, and video. Progent's consultants can provide expertise in a variety of Mac applications including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, QuarkXPress, Apple Logic, MOTU Digital Performer, Digidesign Pro Tools, Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, and Adobe After Effects. Progent can also help you with specific projects such as scanning or digitizing audio or video or setting up an audio/video post production facility.
- Progent's certified security consultants can help you protect your Mac network through expert services which include performing comprehensive security audits, recovery from virus and worm attacks, setting up firewalls, implementing safe remote and mobile access, deploying automated software for protection against viruses, spam, and directory harvest attacks, and developing a comprehensive security strategy appropriate for your business and network environment.
- Progent can help you configure Microsoft Entourage and Microsoft Exchange Server so your Mac users can collaborate with colleagues who run Microsoft Outlook. With Microsoft Entourage for Mac, you can get and send e-mail, search your Exchange global address list (GAL), import addresses, sync up your calendar and invite people to meetings with your Exchange account.
- Progent's state-of-the art virtual office uses the Internet and wireless technology to ensure that a technician or IT consultant is ready to solve your problems quickly.
- Based in Silicon Valley, CA, Progent offers on-site troubleshooting, IT outsourcing and IT consulting services to businesses in major cities throughout the U.S. However, Progent's team of remote support experts can resolve the vast majority of IT issues online, saving clients the costs and delays associated with on-premises support.
- Progent is experienced in the design, installation, and integration of cohesive networks by combining advanced technology from a variety of top hardware and software vendors that include 3COM, Adaptec, Alcatel-Lucent, APC, Apple, RIM Blackberry, Check Point, Citrix, Cisco, Computer Associates, D-Link, Dell Computers, HP, IBM, Intel, Juniper Networks, Linksys, Microsoft, Netgear, Netopia, Network Associates, Nortel, Novell, Quantum, Seagate, SMC Networks, SonicWall, Symantec, Trend Micro, and WatchGuard.
- Progent can give your small businesses access to an IT consulting professional to help you create a fault tolerant email solution that provides secure email connectivity throughout your small business, even for people who telecommute or for road warriors with multiple computing devices such as a desktop PC, laptop, Apple iPhones or iPads, or RIM Blackberry smartphones.
- Progent is recognized as one of the top consulting firms with Cisco and Microsoft certifcation in the that specializes in meeting the unique needs of small businesses.
- Progent's IT consulting experts have extensive experience working with dozens of leading ISPs and telecommunication carriers delivering a broad array of Internet connectivity options, including 2BASE-TL and 10PASS-TSADSL, ATM, commercial cable, DSL, frame relay, SDSL, T1, and T3. Progent's ISP, telecommunication carrier and colocation vendor experience includes AT&T, Cable & Wireless, Cogent, COLOpeople, Colotraq, Covad, Earthlink, Global Crossing, Level 3 Communications, MCI Worldcom/UUNET, Qwest Communications, SAVVIS, Sprint, TW Telecom, Verio, and XO Communications.
Call 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
For urgent troubleshooting or desktop support or to find out how to get in touch by phone with a Cisco-certified CCIE for fast assistance with your network infrastructure, visit Progent's Urgent Support.
Find out more biographical information about Les Kent, Progent's founder.